Stars gather in the Midlands for clay pigeon shooting contest
- Structure hunting for doves. McNally, Bob // Outdoor Life;Sep95, Vol. 196 Issue 3, p78
Gives advice on dove hunting. Use of natural or man-made features as indicators of where to set up; Field structures ideal for dove stands; Sit-and-wait strategy. INSET: A perfect load for doves?..
- Modest admissions. Hill, G. // Field & Stream;Sep91, Vol. 96 Issue 5, p10
Opinion. Describes the author's dove shooting abilities and the equipment he uses.
- Time for shooting stars to line up. // Cabinet Maker;04/03/98, Issue 5082, p29
Announces the FTBA Big Shots clay pigeon shooting on June 11, 1998, in Wycombe, England. Contact information.
- Only doves. Brister, Bob // Field & Stream;Oct94, Vol. 99 Issue 6, p46
Recounts the author's childhood experience with dove hunting during his first Christmas with a BB gun. Behavior of birds; Problem with environmentalist neighbor; Memorable hunts; Labrador as hunting buddy.
- Record _GCP_30,000 raised by FTBA Big Shots event. Kidd, Andrew // Cabinet Maker;07/02/99, Issue 5144, p5
Reports the FTBA Big Shots clay pigeon shooting event in London, England.
- SHOOTING STAR. McQueen, Steve // Truck & Driver;May2002, p66
Focuses on the interest of professional lorry driver Jake Pattinson on clay pigeon shooting in Derbyshire, England. Activities of Pattinson as a senior shooting instructor of The Yeaveley Estate; Development of shooting skills; Career background of Pattinson.
- ALTERNATIVE ROCK DOVES. Johnson, M. D. // Field & Stream;Aug2014, Vol. 119 Issue 4, p46
The article offers tips from Idaho resident and hunter Neal Hunt on how to shoot pigeons using realistic full-body fakes, electric spinning-wing decoys, pigeon calls, and blinds.
- APPENDIX. // New ABC of Shooting;2008, p348
A variety of field reports and organizations related to the game of shooting covered in the book "The ABC of Shooting: A Complete Guide to Game and Rough Shooting, Pigeon Shooting, Wildfowling, Deer-Stalking and Clay Pigeon Shooting" is presented.
- Dove season to kick off Labor Day. // Burnet Bulletin (Texas);8/27/2014, Vol. 141 Issue 35, p1A
The article reports on the dove hunting season which opens in the North and Central Zones of Texas on September 1, 2014 and the estimated population is about 26.55 million according to wildlife biologists with the Texas Parks and Wildlife Department (TPWD) Shaun Oldenburger.