- Southern changes to SouthPort. // Furniture/Today;10/29/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 8, p9
Reports the change of the name of Southern Furniture Reproductions to SouthPort Furniture in the United States. Consideration of the shift of domestic production of furniture to outsourcing overseas; Conversion of the company plant into a distribution center; Types of furniture for sale.
- How much is your brand worth? Altman, Wilf // Cabinet Maker;04/16/99, Issue 5134, p9
Discusses the importance of brand building for small and medium sized furniture manufacturers in Great Britain. Considerations in undertaking the process of brand valuation; Elements of brand valuation; Benefits of brand valuation for small and medium sized furniture manufacturers.
- Computer Wear now Mobelex Designs. James, Gary // Furniture/Today;12/3/2001, Vol. 26 Issue 13, p28
Reports the change of name of Computer Wear to Mobelex Designs furniture maker in United States. Recruitment of Beth Sullivan as national sales manager; Expansion of categories of products in the company; Customer-service orientation of the company.
- Famous names. // Furniture/Today;Sep2001 Supplement, Vol. 26, p17
Focuses on the impact of famous names of furniture manufacturers among customers in the United States. Sales of Hemmingway collection; Connection of company with famous museums; Proliferation of celebrity names in the market.
- Can an 'elite' club have too many members? Gunin, Joan // Furniture/Today;11/18/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 11, p44
Presents several furniture company with the elite moniker in the U.S. Confusion over the number of companies named Elite; Specialty of Elite Products; Citation of several errors committed due to name confusion. INSET: Promotional upholstery mfr. will double capacity.
- MBI at Dickinsons. // Cabinet Maker;8/31/2001, Issue 5253, p2
Reports the renaming of Dickinson Brothers to Dickinsons Furnishers in Northumberland, England. Stores of the firm; Management of Steve Traviss; Appointment of Conrad Dickinson as consultant of the firm.
- In brief. // Cabinet Maker;12/7/2001, Issue 5266, p3
Reports developments in the furniture trade of Great Britain as of December 17, 2001. Change of name of the Brussels Furniture Centre from the Brussels Trade Mart; Success of the Raphaella bedlinen range from Dorma; Examination of the leather upholstery market in the 'Cabinet Maker,' periodical.
- Retooled FurnitureFan.com debuts. Carroll, Brian // Furniture/Today;09/18/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p30
Reports on the debut of FurnitureFan.com, formerly known as FurnitureChannel.com. Reasons for the name change; Products offered by the company.
- RTO consolidating under easyhome. // Furniture/Today;1/27/2003, Vol. 27 Issue 21, p46
Reports on the consolidation of furniture retailer RTO Enterprises under the easyhome brand in Edmonton, Alberta. Aim of transforming fragmented businesses into a national brand; Renovation of retail stores; Focus on people and lifestyle.