Mediacom Fights LIN Retrans Increase
- DirecTV Must Add Pax Stations. Hearn, Ted // Multichannel News;1/21/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p28
Reports on the decision of the United States Federal Communications Commission on the carriage dispute between Paxson Communications Corp. and DirecTV Inc. Right of Paxson to require DirecTV to carry its stations in markets; Requirement of broadcasters to elect must-carry status; Allegations of...
- Cable Ops: Show Us the Money. EGGERTON, JOHN // Multichannel News;8/24/2015, Vol. 36 Issue 29, p2
The article focuses on a letter being sent to the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC), by several television providers such as Meidacom Communications to increase price transparency of media broadcasters and mentions that the letter was sent to Bill Lake, media bureau chief at FCC.
- Future of Media Six-Pack For Broadcasters. Eggerton, John // Broadcasting & Cable;6/20/2011, Vol. 141 Issue 25, p22
The article discusses the Future of Media report released by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) which includes issues concerning the broadcasting industry. It mentions various recommendations for broadcasters including focus on television news operations, revisions in the...
- Hitting the Ground Running. // Broadcasting & Cable;12/20/2010, Vol. 140 Issue 37, p24
The author reflects on several plans and actions of the U.S. Federal Communication Commissions (FCC) for broadcasting, which include the future of wireless broadband, moving broadcasters into the very-high-frequency (VHF) band, and the idea of repacking and channel-sharing.
- Information Collection Being Reviewed by the Federal Communications Commission. Dortch, Marlene H. // Federal Register;11/ 1/2011, Vol. 76 Issue 211, p67453
The article announces that the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) is inviting the general public to comment on the information collection titled "Section 73.1870, Chief Operators" which requires radio and television (TV) broadcast station to designate a chief operator of the station.
- Media Bureau Seeks Comment on Catalog of Eligible Expenses and Other Issues Related to the Reimbursement of Broadcaster Channel Reassignment Costs Following the Incentive Auction. // Federal Register (National Archives & Records Service, Office of;Oct2013, Vol. 78 Issue 190, p60281
The article presents a notice issued by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) announcing that it is seeking comment on a Catalog of Eligible Expenses that includes costs broadcasters may incur as a result of channel reassignment following the Incentive Auction.
- ACA's Polka Revved Over Retrans. // Multichannel News;4/11/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 15, p16
An interview with the American Cable Association (ACA) president Matt Polka is presented. When asked on the importance of their petition to the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) for changes in the existing retransmission-consent reform rulemaking proposal, Polka says that FCC rulemaking...
- Satellite Policies: FCC Dispute Resolution. Magallanes, Raul // VIA Satellite;7/1/2011, Vol. 26 Issue 7, p3
The article offers tips for telecommunication customers for disputes between them and carriers that are to be resolved by the U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC). These issues falls under three categories including informal and formal complaints and mediation. The matter related to...
- Abernathy calls for less focus on regulation. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR Wireless News;6/3/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 22, p20
Reports that U.S. Federal Communications Commission Commissioner Kathleen Abernathy called for less focus on regulating a competitive telecommunications industry and more on dispute resolution and enforcing existing rules. Roles of regulators according to Abernathy.