- Pioneering Cable Engineer Michael Jeffers Dies, 90. Gibbons, Kent // Multichannel News;5/14/2012, Issue 20, p41
An obituary for Michael Jeffers, who was considered as one of the pioneering engineers in the cable-television (TV) industry, is presented.
- Forecast Trends. Further Inclusion. Foster Innovation. Brennan, Maria; Williamson, Alicin // Multichannel News;10/7/2013, Vol. 34 Issue 38, p31
The article discusses the 2013 National Association of Mutual Insurance Companies (NAMIC) and Women in Cable Telecommunications (WICT) Cable Telecommunications Industry Workforce Diversity Survey and states that the survey plays and an important role in analyzing diversity.
- Four Ways to Navigate Change. Seltzer, Liz // Multichannel News;7/6/2015, Vol. 36 Issue 24, p31
The article presents suggestions for managers to empower effective leadership with the evolution of multi-system operator (MSO) from cable providers to broadband service providers including view challenges as an opportunity, encourage team and identify positive things.
- freeze frame. // Multichannel News;12/7/2015, Vol. 36 Issue 43, p24
Several photographs are presented for Steve Goldbloom of PBS Digital at the Digital Influencers roundtable, Laura Martin from Needham & Co. at the Key Factors Influencing Valuations in 2016 session and Aida Rodriguez of NBC's Last Comic Standing at the Video Advertising Bureau luncheon.
- BEHIND THE SCENES OF THE TV UPFRONTS. Poggi, Jeanine // Advertising Age;5/12/2014, Vol. 85 Issue 11, p26
The article examines cable television industry executives responsible for their companies' sales presentations to commence the 2014 television advertising upfront advance sales period for the 2014-2015 television season. Executives including Laura Dames of Turner Entertainment Networks, Ian...
- Discovery Preps Beefy Upfront. Crupi, Anthony // Adweek;4/1/2013, Vol. 54 Issue 13, p12
The article focuses on the cable television industry company Discovery Communications and its President of advertising sales Joe Abruzzese. Abruzzese's sales presentation for the upfront advanced advertising sales period for the 2013-2014 television season is considered. New television programs...
- Ones and Zeros Add Up To Big Numbers. Kuperberg, Jonathan; Lafayette, Jon; Edelstein, Robert; McCord, Luke; Albiniak, Paige; Malone, Michael; Walsten, Jessika; Baysinger, Tim; Holloway, Daniel; Hayes, Dade; Winslow, George; Romero, Ariana // Broadcasting & Cable;2/23/2015, Vol. 145 Issue 7, p6
The article presents the journal's sixth annual Digital All-Stars roster, specifying the areas in which the said individuals provide their trade, including advertising, distribution, and programming, among several others. Some of the honorees mentioned include Simulmedia chief executive officer...
- Schmooze: Broadcasting & Cable Hall of Fame. // Broadcasting & Cable;11/4/2013, Vol. 143 Issue 41, p6
Photographs of several broadcast and cable television (TV) industry executives who attended the 2013 Hall of Fame event of the "Broadcasting and Cable" magazine are presented including executive producer Michael Gelman, Young Broadcasting president and chief executive officer (CEO) Deborah...
- freeze frame. // Multichannel News;5/5/2014, Vol. 35 Issue 18, p20
Photographs of cable industry leaders and attendees at The Cable Show held in Los Angeles, California are presented which includes National Cable and Telecommunications Association (NCTA) chief executive officer Michael Powell, Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti and Discovery group president Henry...