Centric's Mix Finds a Niche
- Keep the Pressure On. Johnson, Sharon D. // Essence (Essence);Jun2000, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p184
Stresses that Afro-American television viewers need to let the networks know that they expect them to follow through on their commitments to diversity. How Afro-American viewers can keep the pressure on; Employment brought about by shows with Afro-American casts.
- Bounce TV Launches Social Media Sites. // Chicago Citizen - Hyde Park Edition;10/5/2011, Vol. 22 Issue 45, p4
The article reports on the broadcast of Bounce TV, the first-ever broadcast television network for African-Americans, in the U.S. which will target African Americans audiences.
- JOHNATHAN RODGERS HAS A DREAM. Block, Alex Ben // Television Week;5/10/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 19, p8
Features TV One, a television station that targets African American viewers. Goals of the station; Expected profit of the station by 2007; Amount of fund raised by the station from its partners and investors; Annual programming budget of the station.
- Let's talk about those television ratings. Pearson-McNeil, Cheryl // Charlotte Post;4/14/2011, Vol. 36 Issue 31, p3A
The author discusses the results of the Nielsen Co.'s State of the Media Report on television (TV) viewing and usage trends in November 2010, which showed that more African Americans watched TV, used DVD players and video game consoles than any other demographic group.
- HOW YOU DOIN'? WENDY WILLIAMS WINS WITH FRANK TALK (AND WIGS!). Guthrie, Marisa // Hollywood Reporter;5/25/2012, Vol. 418 Issue 18, p62
An interview with Wendy Williams, host of the "The Wendy Williams Show," is presented. She states that she enjoyed the times when her parents came on the show. She states that through her show she is filling a void for African-American audiences. She mentions that being on television (TV) in...
- Living for the City. Albiniak, Paige // Broadcasting & Cable;11/19/2012, Vol. 142 Issue 45, p10
The article focuses on the importance being given by television program syndicates in the U.S. to increase the number of their African American viewers. It informs about the demographics of the U.S., which includes 13.6 percent of African Americans and mentions about the success of several...
- Media Wire. Consoli, John; Brown, Sandy; Larson, Megan // MediaWeek;2/17/2003, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p4
Reports issues on the mass media business as of February 2003. Rating gathered by Fox on a lead over National Broadcasting Co. Inc.; Update on the relaunched network NBA TV; Plan of Major Broadcasting Cable Network to launch a cable news channel targeted to African American viewers; Increase in...
- BET Asserts Its Strength. Larson, Megan // MediaWeek;4/19/2004, Vol. 14 Issue 16, p8
Provides information on amount of African American viewers of cable network Black Entertainment Television in the U.S. Percentage of African Americans that make up the U.S. population in 2000; Details of the viewership of BET; Television programs that the network is renewing in 2004.
- 1 Trillion Reasons to Fine-Tune Advertising Sales Strategies. Neel, K. C. // Broadcasting & Cable;5/20/2013, Vol. 143 Issue 20, p26
The article reports on the upfront presentations of some television networks in the U.S. to target African American viewers. According to Dennis Ray, Bounce executive president of advertising sales, the upfront has given the opportunity to show people the breadth of distribution and solid...