The Kids Are Alright: Managing Millenials
- Motivating Gen Y. GORDON, SHELDON // HR Professional;Sep2013, Vol. 30 Issue 6, p26
The article offers the insights of several human resource (HR) managers and executives on handling generation Y employees by providing feedback and development opportunities. Among the HR executives include Daneal Charney, David Heather, and Moses Bar-Yosef. Topics discussed include the...
- How to connect with millennials to get them to become even more productive. // Legal Alert for Supervisors;6/6/2014, Vol. 10 Issue 218, p3
The article offers three tips for motivating Millennials to be more productive at work which include providing activities outside the workplace to allow them to widen their social network.
- Yes to the Ys. Van Zyl, Johann // Finweek;6/3/2010, p11
The article focuses on the consideration of companies' human resources management for young employees, known as the Generation Y workers, as they can contribute to corporations' aimed success with their technological skills and competitive attributes.
- What Facebook Knows About Engaging Millennial Employees. Goler, Lori // Harvard Business Review Digital Articles;12/16/2015, p2
The article discusses ways to attract and retain millennial employees, including fulfillment with work, authenticity, and learning opportunities.
- Are you ready for the next generation of workers? Kimberly, James // New Hampshire Business Review;1/2/2009, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p18
The article reports on the type of workers that the Generation Y in the U.S. offers. It is stated that employers who can adapt their cultures to the demands and expectations would improve their ability to recruit top talent, as well as retain their youngest workers. Generation Y workers want to...
- A Look at the Attitudes, Concerns, Expectations and Fears of the Millennial Generation and Some Implications for Human Resource Managers. Sims, Ronald R.; Bias, Sheri K. // Annual International Conference on Tourism & Hospitality Researc;2016, p110
echnology plays a key role in the daily lives of the various generations in the workplace, and this is particularly true for the Millennial Generation. This paper will explore the attitudes, concerns, expectations, and fears associated with these individuals as they leave the college environment...
- Job jumping is way of life. SHELDON, ANDREW // njbiz;8/18/2014, Vol. 27 Issue 20, p13
The article discusses the growing trend among millennials who are entering the workforce in the middle of the startup culture in the U.S.
- MILLENNIALS AND THE FUTURE OF AMERICAN BUSINESS. BYTHEWAY, BRYCE // Diplomatic Courier;Jan2016, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p128
The article examines the impact of millennials on the future of businesses in the U.S. as of January 2016. Millennials or those who were born between early 1980s and early 2000s reportedly have different views on work compared to their older counterparts and are optimistic about the economy....
- The viewpoint of "Generation Y". Kilcarr, Sean // Fleet Owner Blog;
The article discusses the impact of the employment of Generation Y individuals on the global trucking industry. Topics covered include the estimated percentage in the global workforce that will be comprised by Generation Y workers, efforts of companies to attract and retain talented people and...