The Kids Are Alright: Managing Millenials
- Motivating Gen Y. GORDON, SHELDON // HR Professional;Sep2013, Vol. 30 Issue 6, p26
The article offers the insights of several human resource (HR) managers and executives on handling generation Y employees by providing feedback and development opportunities. Among the HR executives include Daneal Charney, David Heather, and Moses Bar-Yosef. Topics discussed include the...
- How to connect with millennials to get them to become even more productive. // Legal Alert for Supervisors;6/6/2014, Vol. 10 Issue 218, p3
The article offers three tips for motivating Millennials to be more productive at work which include providing activities outside the workplace to allow them to widen their social network.
- Are you ready for the next generation of workers? Kimberly, James // New Hampshire Business Review;1/2/2009, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p18
The article reports on the type of workers that the Generation Y in the U.S. offers. It is stated that employers who can adapt their cultures to the demands and expectations would improve their ability to recruit top talent, as well as retain their youngest workers. Generation Y workers want to...
- Yes to the Ys. Van Zyl, Johann // Finweek;6/3/2010, p11
The article focuses on the consideration of companies' human resources management for young employees, known as the Generation Y workers, as they can contribute to corporations' aimed success with their technological skills and competitive attributes.
- Job jumping is way of life. SHELDON, ANDREW // njbiz;8/18/2014, Vol. 27 Issue 20, p13
The article discusses the growing trend among millennials who are entering the workforce in the middle of the startup culture in the U.S.
- The viewpoint of "Generation Y". Kilcarr, Sean // Fleet Owner Blog;
The article discusses the impact of the employment of Generation Y individuals on the global trucking industry. Topics covered include the estimated percentage in the global workforce that will be comprised by Generation Y workers, efforts of companies to attract and retain talented people and...
- Turn Gen Y's 'unreasonable' requests into a negotiating tool. Tulgan, Bruce // HR Specialist: Compensation & Benefits;May2009, Vol. 4 Issue 5, p5
The article offers an advice regarding the use of unreasonable demands among the Generation Y (Gen Y)employees as a negotiating tool and watch their productivity increase in response. It mentions that it is much easier to work with unreasonable demands if Gen Y employees are regarded as very...
- Winning the Gen Y recruiting game. Griffiths, Catrin // Lawyer;2/2/2015, p1
An introduction is presented in which the author discusses an article within the issue which deals with how private practice laws firms manage their recruitment campaigns involving Generation Y applicants, and it also mentions branding initiatives and how law firms articulate their values.
- Hiring and managing millennials. GRAY, ANDI // Westchester County Business Journal;9/7/2015, Vol. 51 Issue 36, p13
The article presents an answer to a question on the recruitment and management of millennial employees in New York.