CTAM Conference Wranglers Say NYC Will Bring Out Best
- CALENDAR. // Multichannel News;1/27/2014, Vol. 35 Issue 4, p10
A calendar of events for the U.S. from January 27, 2014 to March 19, 2014 is presented which includes Krewe of Louisiana Cable Show, CableLabs Winter Conference, and 2014 Southwest Cable Communications Association Annual Meeting.
- CALENDAR. // Multichannel News;2/10/2014, Vol. 36 Issue 6, p15
A calendar of events related to the cable industry in February-March 2014 in the U.S. is presented which includes the 2014 Southwest Cable Communications Association Annual Meeting, the Krewe of Louisiana Cable Show and the CableLabs Winter Conference.
- New Video Market May Need Lighter FCC Touch. Eggerton, John // Broadcasting & Cable;6/17/2013, Vol. 143 Issue 24, p28
Information about several topics discussed at the "Commissioning Tomorrow: Insight from FCC Bureau and Office Chiefs" session at the annual Cable Show in Washington, D.C. in 2013 is presented. It mentions the decision of the National Cable and Telecommunications Association to organize its show...
- We Like It Like App. GIBBONS, KENT // Multichannel News;12/7/2015, Vol. 36 Issue 43, p33
In this article, the author focuses on the importance of apps in the cable television industry and presents views of Matt Nelson, marketing head for app-platform developer You.i TV, on on-demand video options.
- MY MEDIA HABITS PRACTICALLY MAKE ME AN ADVERTISING CONSERVATIONIST. Wheaton, Ken // Advertising Age;9/28/2015, Vol. 86 Issue 18, p0056
The article discusses the loyalty of the author to broadcast and cable television programming since the time he joined the journal's editorial staff. Topics included are the copy staff's early exposure to media sharing services and mobile device applications, the preference for regular...
- Cords fraying but cablers are coping. // Daily Variety;8/8/2012, Vol. 316 Issue 27, p1
The article reports on the decline of the subscription in the cable television (TV) industry.
- Brzezinski's Vanity Fair Kick a "Pol Dance" for Scarborough. Anderson, Karrin // BAGnewsNotes;9/16/2012, p2
A photograph of television hosts Mika Brzezinski and Joe Scarborough is presented.
- Cable Companies And Service Providers Shoot For The Fifth Play. LINKS, CEES // Electronic Design;11/8/2012, Vol. 60 Issue 14, p14
The article looks at the introduction of cable television operators and broadband service providers of the fifth play, a smart home service that will monitor energy usage, home health, climate control, and other factors. It is inferred that the smart service will morph into the home control box,...
- TWC Beams Up Wi-Fi Hotspot Tracker. SPANGLER, TODD // Multichannel News;12/3/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 46, p3
The article informs that Time Warner Cable Inc. has decided to keep its broadband customers intact by making them to connect to the high-speed Wi-Fi outside their home. It informs that this cable operator is using a technology from Israel that automatically identifies the possible Wi-Fi signal...