MENTORS AND MENTORING AMONGST ACADEMIC STAFF IN NIGERIAN TERTIARY INSTITUTIONS: A STUDY OF UNIVERSITY OF BENIN, EDO STATE
- THERAPEUTIC RELATIONSHIPS AND PROFESSIONAL BOUNDARIES. Buhari, 'Bunmi // IFE PsychologIA;2013 Special Edition, Vol. 21 Issue 3-S, p162
The relationship that should exist between a therapist and his client is a relationship of trust. It should be a relationship that focuses on meeting the health care needs of the client. This relationship should serve as a means through which the therapist assists his client to resolve some...
- Reconciling the professional and student identities of clinical psychology trainees. McKenzie, Karen; Cossar, Jill; Fawns, Tim; Murray, Aja // Advances in Health Sciences Education;Oct2013, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p745
The study explored the ways in which qualified and trainee clinical psychologists perceived professional behaviour, as illustrated in a series of short vignettes, in student and clinical practice contexts. Comparisons were made to identify the extent to which ideas of professionalism differed...
- A life in the liberal arts or, look what happened to Prospero. Schuman, Samuel // Liberal Education;Spring93, Vol. 79 Issue 2, p32
Presents the author's reflections on his involvement in the Association of American Colleges' `Preparing Graduate Students for Professional Responsibilities of College Teachers' project. Essential lessons imparted to potential teachers; Consequences of small college departments on fellows; Lack...
- Faculty development in the United States. Gaff, Jerry G.; Simpson, Ronald D. // Innovative Higher Education;Spring94, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p167
Provides an overview of faculty development in the United States from the 1960s to the 1980s. Brief history of faculty development movement; Emergence of principles of good practice; Teaching and curriculum development through higher education and professional groups; Institutionalizing...
- Preparing future faculty. // Liberal Education;Summer94, Vol. 80 Issue 3, p3
Reports that graduate institutions are developing new approaches for the preparation of future faculty. AAC&U and the Council of Graduate Schools' `Project on Preparing Future Faculty'; Funding of the project by The Pew Charitable Trusts.
- Faculty development: The literature. BRAWER, FLORENCE B. // Community College Review;Summer90, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p50
Makes various observations about faculty development in community colleges. Focus of current development programs; Classification of faculty development activities; Scope of development programs.
- Want to be at your best in the classroom? Caprio, M.W. // Journal of College Science Teaching;Dec96/Jan97, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p212
Relates the growth and development of teaching centers in campuses in the United States. Hudson River Regional Teacher Center in school districts in northern Westchester County, New York; Community College of Aurora in Colorado; Mankato State University in Minnesota.
- Summer camp for profs! Roach, Ronald // Black Issues in Higher Education;03/05/98, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p38
Focuses on the Faculty Resource Network which provides college teachers with techniques and resources for teaching. Information on the faculty development program that was held during the summer at New York University; Background information on the program; Number of person that have...
- PO-SI-007-SA. // Physical Therapy;May1998, Vol. 78 Issue 5, pS4
Presents a summary of an article entitled `Clinical Instructor Training: Academic and Clinical Collaboration,' by P. Gandevia, M. Knab, L.J. Cohen.