Hunters Helping Out
- On the state level... // Grants Action News;
The article reports that the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation has issued some grants for the Round 11 of the Water Quality Improvement Project (WQIP) program. As mentioned, WQIP is a competitive program which is open for local governments and nonprofit organizations. It...
- Orange County Land Trust receives $10,000 grant from state. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;5/12/2008, Vol. 19 Issue 19, p22
The article reports on the $10,000 Conservation Partnership Grant received by the Orange County Land Trust from the New York Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) and Land Trust Alliance (ATA). The grant is used in land preservation projects such as placement of easements, purchase of...
- Reptile Reconciliation Required by New York. Haddock, David E. // Human Events;08/20/99, Vol. 55 Issue 31, p11
Criticizes the action of New York state officials regarding the protection of snakes. Lawsuit filed by New York's Department of Environmental Conservation against Sour Mountain Realty company; Actions taken by the Pacific Legal Foundation on United States laws regarding endangered species.
- DEC begins project to aid state's efforts at curbing pollution. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;6/10/96, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p21
Reports on the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation's project aimed at enhancing pollution prevention efforts. Evaluation of public health and environmental risks.
- DEC ozone advisories available from hotline. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;6/10/96, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p37
Reports on the availability of advisories on ozone formation from the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC). Forecast that ozone levels likely to exceed standards set by Environmental Protection Agency.
- DEC's Dichotomy. Edinger, Frances M. // Conservationist;Sep/Oct87, Vol. 42 Issue 2, p50
Presents a letter regarding the role of Department of Environmental Conservation in New York.
- Being green and being profitable: Environmental regulation in New York. Poltenson, Norman // Business Journal Serving Southern Tier, CNY, Mohawk Valley, Fing;10/14/96, Vol. 10 Issue 21, p4
Editorial. Comments on the changes implemented by New York's Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC). Appointment of Michael Zagata as commissioner; Downsizing of the workforce; Total quality management approach; Focus on innovation to solve environmental problems; Development of...
- Scout's honor award. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);01/06/97, Vol. 44 Issue 1, p1
Commends the New York State Department of Environmental Conservation and The Nature Conservancy for their signing of an agreement to pay 1.8 million dollars for 147 acres of Nassau County Boy Scout-owned land in Wading River.
- State buys 2 Finger Lakes. // Adirondack Daily Enterprise;7/3/2010, Vol. 117 Issue 156, pA9
The article reports that New York Department of Environmental Conservation has acquired two Finger Lakes that supply drinking water to Rochester.