- Here It Comes. Coppins, McKay // Newsweek;9/5/2011, Vol. 158 Issue 10, p10
The article offers brief information about preparation in the U.S. for Hurricane Irene in 2011 including the evacuation of beach towns, the purchase of extra supplies and food, and music for those affected by the storm.
- Riding out the storm. DORAN, RYAN // Westchester County Business Journal;9/19/2011, Vol. 47 Issue 38, p12
The article reports on the impact of Tropical Storm Irene on travel industry in the U.S., which becomes a major issue for travelers because they were already paying premiums on end-of-summer flights.
- STORM DATA. // Storm Data;Aug2011, Vol. 53 Issue 8, p1
The article offers a summary of storm data in the U.S. in August 2011. A map is presented showing areas with confirmed tornadoes during the month. For August 2011, the outstanding storm was Irene, which is considered as the first hurricane of the 2011 Atlantic hurricane season and the first...
- Waiting for Hurricane Irene in New York. Orlove, Ben // Weather, Climate & Society;Jul2011, Vol. 3 Issue 3, p145
The artcle discusses various topics and issues related to Hurricane Irene that hit many parts of the U.S. recently. It is stated that Irene, an unusually severe hurricane, largely spared New York. It is stated that though the storm had weakened by the time it reached New York, the low level of...
- Notre Dame researcher studying Hurricane Irene's storm surge. // Biomedical Market Newsletter;9/12/2011, Vol. 21, p260
The article reports on the assessment of researcher Andrew Kennedy from University of Notre Dame of the flow of Hurricane Irene's storm in North Carolina.
- Microgrids--Getting Ahead of the Curve in Connecticut. Kragie, Alex // Electroindustry;Nov2013, Vol. 18 Issue 11, p10
The article presents information on the Connecticut microgrid program. The state has been suffering from severe weather events for past few years, which include, tropical storm Irene, and superstorm Sandy. These natural calamities distrupted the electricity supply to thousands of citizens....
- Hometown heroes. Mitchell, Shelby O. // Public Works;2014, p7
The article reports on the Public Works Department officials of the city of Vergennes, Vermont, who battled Tropical Storm Irene which hit the city in 2011. For about 24 hours the crew, including Jim Larrow, Pat Crowley, Chris Bearor, and Lyle Swinton, cleared debris from roads and prevented...
- Courses: Irene's Impact On Vermont Is Ongoing. // Golf World;9/12/2011, Vol. 65 Issue 10, p10
The article offers information on the impact of the Hurricane Irene on the golf courses of Vermont. It is stated that Okemo Valley Golf Club in Vermont has managed to withstand the effects of tropical storm Irene better than resort staff who had lost homes to record flooding. It is stated that...
- CL&P Prepares for the Next Big One. Goodson, David A. // Transmission & Distribution World;Jun2012 Supplement, Vol. 64, p3
The article focuses on Connecticut Light & Power (CL&P) which has embarked on an ambitious campaign to provide more reliable service and minimize the impacts of major storms to people, property and Connecticut's economy. It discusses the damages which were caused by two major storms including...