SEC's Haines Will Join Forum on Senior-Living and Long-Term Care
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Barnett, Chip; Ferris, Craig T.; Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;01/10/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31054, p2
Presents news items concerning municipal bonds in the United States as of January 10, 2001. Plan of New York City, New York State and their major agencies to sell bonds worth billions of dollars in the first quarter; Naming of Elizabeth Kellar as chair of the Public Risk Database Project for...
- Haines Joins SEC's Muni Securities Office. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;08/13/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30704, p5
Reports on former bond counsel Martha Mahan Haines' appointment as an attorney-fellow of the United States Securities & Exchange Commission's Office of Municipal Securities. Haines' municipal finance practice before joining the agency; Work experience in the bond market.
- Former SEC Commissioner Assesses Governance, Sarbanes-Oxley. Heffes, Ellen M. // Financial Executive;Oct2004, Vol. 20 Issue 7, p17
The article discusses the "Good Governance is Good Business" forum at the PepsiCo Inc. headquarters in Purchase, New York in August 2004. The conference was sponsored by Certus Software Inc. Keynote speaker Roderick M. Hills, former U.S. Securities and Exchange Commissioner, addresses questions...
- Senate Panel Unanimously Approves Four SEC Nominees. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;7/26/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31436, p4
Reports the approval of four of U.S. president George W. Bush's nominees for the Securities and Exchange Commission by the Senate Banking Committee. Names of nominees; Job responsibility of each nominees; Support of the committee among committee members.
- A Man for This Season. Cooper, Evan // On Wall Street;Jan2003, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p12
Considers whether William Donaldson is the right man to be the chairman of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. Chief reason the administration of U.S. President George W. Bush believes he is the right man for the job; Donaldson's achievements.
- SL attorney awaits confirmation of nomination to SEC. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;12/4/95, Vol. 25 Issue 23, p5
States that Norman S. Johnson a Salt Lake City, Utah attorney is awaiting approval of his nomination to serve as one of five commissioners of the Securities Exchange Commission in Washington, District of Colombia. Approval by the United States Senate; Length of term of commissioner; Information...
- PITT APPOINTED SEC CHAIR. // Internal Auditor;Oct2001, Vol. 58 Issue 5, p13
Reports on the appointment of securities lawyer Harvey L. Pitt as chairman of the United States (U.S.) Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) on August 3, 2001. What Pitt told during his confirmation hearing at the U.S. Senate Banking Committee; Goals of Pitt; Annual salary he earned before...
- A TRIBUTE TO SEC CHAIRMAN ARTHUR LEVITT. Waxman, Robert N. // CPA Journal;Mar2001, Vol. 71 Issue 3, p9
Pays tribute to United States Securities and Exchange Commission Chairman Arthur Levitt. His level of activism on behalf of the individual investor; Controversy over his auditor independence proposal; Desire to make information understandable and available.
- WRONG KIND OF FIGURES GRABBING WORKERS' EYES. Casale, Jeff; Hofmann, Mark A. // Business Insurance;2/8/2010, Vol. 44 Issue 6, p23
The article focuses on a report published in the February 2010 issue of "Washington Times" which revealed the investigations conducted to several employees and contractors of the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) during the past two years after they were seen watching pornography on...