CBOT Weighs Use of Pricing Services for Bonds in Underlying Index
- Computer glitch halts Chicago futures trading. // American Banker;9/15/1994, Vol. 159 Issue 178, p2
Reports on the cancellation of financial and agricultural futures trading at the Chicago Board of Trade in Illinois on September 14, 1994 due to computer problems.
- Show me the money! // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;Oct2002, Vol. 31 Issue 13, The Emergence of the CBO p10
Illustrates the ideal characteristics of a futures trading instrument in order to attract traders in the U.S. Factors to consider in trend trading; Reference to the Chicago Board of Trade mini-sized Dow; Growth potentials of trading instrument.
- Four-step plan for rescuing cbt during a time of crisis. Arbor, Patrick H. // Crain's Chicago Business;09/20/99, Vol. 22 Issue 38, p11
Discusses a means of saving the Chicago, Illinois-based futures exchange Chicago Board of Trade (CBT) from extinction caused by electronic trading. Futures exchange's importance for the city's economic conditions; Need of CBT to establish partnerships; Installation of an electronic trading...
- CBT aims to do deal in Mexico. Fritz, Michael // Crain's Chicago Business;7/24/95, Vol. 18 Issue 30, p3
Reports on Chicago Board of Trade's (CBT) plan to launch take an equity stake in Bolsa Mexicana de Valores, a futures exchange in Mexico City, Mexico. CBT's links with various international exchanges; Focus on helping establish clearing operations for the new exchange.
- How low Dow we go? // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;Sep2002, Vol. 31 Issue 11, p24
Points out that while analysts from the buy-only world of stock broker/dealer shops keep on touting the long side, Dow Jones Industrial Average futures traders at the Chicago Board of Trade believe that the bottom has not yet been reached. Short-term buying opportunity in the late July 2002...
- Global futures shock. Fritz, Michael // Crain's Chicago Business;3/18/96, Vol. 19 Issue 12, p15
Reports that the Chicago Board of Trade is taking its business abroad in its quests for equity stakes. Economic benefits to be derived from oversees mission; How Bolsa de Mercadorias ranks in futures industry; Complications involved in launching new exchange. INSET: Trading places..
- Fallen king of the world? Szala, Ginger // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;Jan2001, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p8
Reports on the performance of the Chicago Board of Trade (CBOT) and London Financial Futures & Options Exchange. Demutualization of CBOT.
- T-bonds. // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;Aug98, Vol. 27 Issue 8, p26
Forecasts T-bond futures in the United States as of August 1, 1998. Falling employment and lower production numbers of the manufacturing sector in the present economy; Influence of concerns about Japan's economy on the steady climb in T-bonds in the United States.
- Eurodollars on top. Etzkorn, Mark // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;Mar1995, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p12
Reports on the trade performance of the Chicago Mercantile Exchange (CME) Eurodollar futures against Illinois' Chicago Board of Trade (CBOT) Treasury bond futures in 1994. Counts included; Forecast; Eurodollar as a hedge instrument; Counting method.