Louisiana Bond Commission Sets Stage for $300M of Deals
- LPFA Selling $100M for New Baton Rouge Courthouse. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;6/13/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32621, p35
The article reports that the Louisiana Public Facilities Authority has sold $100 million of revenue bonds to build a new court house in Baton Rouge. The new facility will be the replacement of the existing Nineteenth Judicial Court building in the place. Morgan Keegan & Co. would be the...
- Morgan Keegan list called `smoking gun' in Louisiana dispute. Hume, Lynn Stevens // Bond Buyer;12/12/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30291, p1
Reports that the Morgan Keegan and Company's inventory list was criticized by the East Baton Rouge and the Mortgage Finance Authority. Why the list was called `a smoking gun,' by Richard Sale, a partner in charge of institutional sales and trading at J.C. Bradford and Company; Description of...
- Morgan Keegan Opens Richmond Office. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;07/20/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30936, p7
Reports on the opening of Morgan Keegan & Co.'s office in Richmond, Virginia. James Johnson's appointment as head of the Richmond office; Others joining Johnson.
- Results of Negotiated Sales. the TFMG Bond Research Group // Bond Buyer;2/7/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31320, p18
Cites results of negotiated sales in the bond market by the TFMG Bond Research Group as of February 7, 2002. Types of bonds sold through negotiations; Bonds purchased through negotiation by Morgan Keegan & Co.; Companies that have purchased bonds through negotiation.
- Morgan Keegan Vows to Appeal Jury's $20 Million Verdict. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;4/24/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31372, p4
Reports the plans of Morgan Keegan & Co, to appeal the jury for a 20 million verdict in Oklahoma. Misrepresentation of facts on the sale of housing bond deals; Names of the plaintiffs; Amount of the housing bonds sold.
- Stifel Said in Talks to Buy Morgan Keegan. // American Banker;11/18/2011, Vol. 176 Issue F344, p15
Brief information is given about regional broker Stifel Financial Corp.'s negotiations to buy Regions Financial Corp.'s Morgan Keegan brokerage firm.
- AmSouth spinning off its bond department to Morgan Keegan in deal termed `alliance'. Cline, Kenneth // American Banker;5/17/1995, Vol. 160 Issue 94, p6
Reports on AmSouth Bancorp's transfer of its bond trading unit to Morgan Keegan Inc. in a reported alliance between the two companies. Transfer of five employees of the unit to Morgan Keegan; Defection of other employees of AmSouth's unit to National Bank of Commerce of Birmingham; Reasons for...
- Trader says 1992 yield quoute suggested E. Baton Rouge bonds were noncallable. Hume, Lynn Stevens // Bond Buyer;12/15/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30292, p1
States that Morgan Keegan and Company listed $25,000 of the East Baton Rouge, Louisiana, Mortgage Finance Authority bonds it refunded in 1989 and also offered the bonds to yield 4% as if the were noncallable in an inventory list sent to other dealers in June 1992. Reference to a letter sent by...
- Morgan Keegan hires former A.G. Edwards' banker to head up Houston office. Sanders, Lisa // Bond Buyer;05/11/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30390, p7
Reports on Morgan Keegan & Co.'s recruitment of former A.G. Edwards & Sons Inc. banker Mark Nitcholas to spearhead a public finance practice in Houston, Texas. Highlights of Nitcholas' career in the financial services industry; Nitcholas' duties and responsibilities at Morgan Keegan; Deals...