Coastal Massachusetts Town Steps Up Into Triple-A Land
- Citing Severity of Shrotfall, Moody's Downgrades Oregon. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;3/11/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31590, p5
Reports that ratings company Moody's Investors Service Inc. has downgraded Oregon to Aa3 from Aa2. Reason for the downgrade; Effect of the downgrade on outstanding general obligation debt; Ratings assigned by other ratings company.
- Cook County, Ill., Upgraded on Way To Market With $225 Million in GOs. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;2/28/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31334, p5
Reports on the upgradation in rating of Cook County, Illinois by the credit rating agency Moody's Investors Service Inc. Reason behind the upgradation; Possible plans of county for sale of its government bonds.
- Moody's Upgrades Booming Boston to Aa2. Peacock, Wayne // Bond Buyer;02/08/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31073, p4
Reports on Moody's Investors Service's decision to upgrade Boston, Massachusetts' rating with a positive outlook to the city's general obligation bonds. Factors contributing to the upgrading of the city's rating; Growth in the city's assessed valuation for 2000 and 2001.
- Moody's Downgrades California. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;2/11/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31571, p1
Focuses on bond ratings of California that were downgraded by financial rating agency Moody's Investors Service Inc. Multi-billion dollar revenue shortfall that has led to the downgrade; Significance of the ratings; Expectations of financial analysts regarding the state's deficits.
- Moody's Lowers Rapid City, S.D., Hospital. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;3/10/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31589, p4
Focuses on the downgraded bond ratings of Rapid City Regional Hospital in South Dakota by the rating agency Moody's Investors Service Inc. Multi-million dollar outstanding debt that the downgrade affects; Multi-million dollar revenue bonds that the hospital system plans to sell in April, 2003;...
- FAR WEST Bond-Watch. Finestone, Deborah; Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;6/13/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31656, p37
This article presents information about developments in securities industries in different states of the U.S. as of June 13, 2003. Alaska Governor Frank Murkowski appointed seven members to the Alaska Natural Gas Authority. The authority was created by a ballot initiative in November 2002 to...
- Lincoln, Neb., Gets Aaa From Moody's. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;6/16/2003, Vol. 344 Issue 31657, p4
Moody's Investors Service Inc. upgraded Lincoln, Nebraska'a rating on $56.6 million of outstanding general obligation (GO) bonds to Aaa from Aa1 in the week preceding June 25, 2003. Standard & Poor's Corp. has had a AAA rating on the city's GO debt since 1978. Ameritas Investment Corp....
- District of Columbia's GOs Will Stay at Baal, Moody Says. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;7/17/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31679, p4
Reports on absence of any significant changes in ratings of general obligation bonds of District of Columbia that are assigned by rating agency Moody's Investors Service Inc. Attribution of no changes in ratings of bonds to fiscal management and cash reserves of the district; Economy and tax...
- Cedars-Sinai Affirmed. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;8/01/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31690, p35
Reports that debt rating agency, Moody's Investor Service has affirmed the A3 revenue bond rating for Cedars-Sinai Medical Center's, California, $750 million outstanding debt. Growth in revenue of the Los Angeles, California-based medical center.