Agency Quits Plan to Upgrade California Transmission Line
- Underground lines could cost big. // Electrical World;May/Jun2000, Vol. 214 Issue 3, p7
Reports on the passage of a law that requires the California Public Utilities Commission's to revise its outdated policy on underground electric utility lines.
- Minnesota Public Utilities Commission (PUC): Notice of Permit Decision in the Matter of the Route Permit Application by Northern States Power Company for the Black Dog to Savage 115 kV Transmission Line Project in Dakota County. // Minnesota State Register;6/10/2013, Vol. 37 Issue 50, p1791
The article presents a public notice issued by Minnesota Public Utilities Commission (PUC) regarding a savage transmission line project in Dakota County.
- Minnesota Public Utilities Commission (PUC): Notice of Permit Decision in the Matter of the Route Permit Application for the 39: Line 115 kV Transmission Line and Substation in St. Louis County, Minnesota Public Utilities Commission Docket No. E-015/TL-12-1123 // Minnesota State Register;2/10/2014, Vol. 38 Issue 33, p1087
The article focuses on the notice made by the Minnesota Public Utilities Commission on January 13, 2014, issuing high-voltage transmission line route permit for the Line 39 project, authorizing Minnesota Power to construct three miles of 115 kilovolt transmission line in Saint Louis County.
- PUC okays wind transmission plan. // Lakelander (Whitney, TX);8/20/2008, Vol. 22 Issue 34, p11
The article reports that the Public Utility Commission of Texas (PUC) has selected a transmission plan that will eventually transmit a total of 18,456 megawatts of wind power from West Texas and the Panhandle to metropolitan areas in Texas.
- Feud over electric line extension fee charges on. Bullard, Stan // Crain's Cleveland Business;3/18/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 11, p4
Reports the schedule of pre-trial hearing by The Public Utilities Commission for settlement of dispute on payment of electric lines in Cleveland, Ohio. Issue over charges to installation of electric lines for development by First Energy; Charges for distribution of services to consumers;...
- $5-billion Scheme To Deliver Texas Wind Energy Approved. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;8/11/2008, Vol. 261 Issue 4, p17
The article reports that more than a dozen utilities have expressed interest in building what will be the largest utility investment in Texas history. The nearly $5-billion project is designed to bring west Texas wind power to other parts of the state. The Public Utility Commission of Texas on...
- Do Lines Provide the Best Means of Supply? Whaley, Michael; Pattie, Ken // Transmission & Distribution World Exclusive Insight;8/1/2013, p16
The article discusses the importance of electricity power lines to supply reliability of public utility companies. It mentions that the location and installation of lines matter to ensure the public safety. According to the author, overhead lines will not be able to supply electricity to remote...
- Norris Public Power Completes 69-kV Transmission Construction on Schedule. // Transmission & Distribution World;Feb2004, Vol. 56 Issue 2, p12
Reports on the completion of the 69-kV transmission construction of Norris Public Power District (NPPD) in Beatrice, Nebraska. Details of the construction; Construction materials preferred by the NPPD crews; Factors contributing to the success of the construction plan.
- PUCO investigates line extension fee. Bullard, Stan // Crain's Cleveland Business;11/5/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 45, p2
Reports the investigation conducted by the Public Utilities Commission regarding the fee for the extension of electric lines to homes and commercial buildings in Ohio. Complaints of home builders and developers against FirstEnergy Corp; Categorization of the fee as a rate increase; Deregulation...