Texas Agency's Vision to Provide Homes for Teachers Leads to Revenue Bond Sale
- S&P Drops Texas Housing Debt To D After Default, Insurance Lapse. Philyaw, Jason // Bond Buyer;3/17/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33081, p24
The article reports that the Texas State Affordable Housing Corp. has rejected the $53.5 million of bonds of the Standard & Poor's Corp. The analyst downgraded the company's long-term rating on the Series 2002A multifamily housing revenue bonds 18 notches from AA-minus to D due to debt service...
- Texas Housing Issuers Liking the Terms of GO Zone Law. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;5/26/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32390, p3
The article reports that Texas housing issuers are liking the terms of Gulf Opportunity (GO) Zone law for the benefits offered by it. The GO Zone law authorizes the issuance of up to $7.9 billion of private-activity bonds exempt from state caps to finance recovery efforts in areas affected by...
- SOUTHWEST INVISIBLE SUPPLY. // Bond Buyer;7/31/2012, Vol. 381 Issue 33756, p6
A chart is presented that lists various financial instruments of Southwest cities with invisible supply as of July 2012 including the company Salt River Project, Department of Transportation and Texas State Affordable Housing Corp.
- Renovated homes available for eligible veterans. // Wilson County News;9/3/2014, Vol. 41 Issue 36, p13A
The article reports on the availability of renovated homes for eligible Texas veterans through the Affordable Communities of Texas-Veterans Housing Initiatives (ACT-VET), an initiative of the nonprofit Texas State Affordable Housing Corp.
- New Loans Address Affordable Housing and Strategic Needs. Dymi, Amilda // Origination News;Aug2010, Vol. 19 Issue 11, p10
The article reports on the move of the Texas State Affordable Housing Corp. to lower the rate for first-time home buyers from 5.25% to 5% on a fixed mortgage rate.
- Texas Housing Agency Wins IRS Ruling for Higher Purchase Price. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;9/20/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31475, p4
Reports the private-letter ruling of Texas State Affordable Housing Corp. (TSAHC) from the Internal Revenue Services on increased purchase price of homes in Dallas, Texas. Collaboration between TSAHC and First Southwest Co. for home price limits; Benefits of the private letter ruling on the...
- State, Local AH Options Offer Some Relief. Dymi, Amilda // National Mortgage News;1/30/2012, Vol. 36 Issue 18, p8
The article reports on the homebuyer options offered by the Texas State Affordable Housing Corp. called the Home Loan Programs which provide grants of up to 5% of the loan amount to be used for downpayment and closing cost expenses.
- Top 10 Markets for First-Time HomeBuyers by Rank. // Fort Worth Business Press;4/14/2014, Vol. 26 Issue 14, p26
The article offers information on various issues related to real estate industry in the U.S. as of April 2014. Topics discussed include the top 10 markets in the U.S. for first-time homebuyers in 2013 based from real estate data publisher realtor.com, partnership between Texas State Affordable...
- Yields Rise as Market Begins to Hum Again. Scarchilli, Michael // Investment Dealers' Digest;1/7/2011, Vol. 77 Issue 1, p9
The article reports on the rise of the weekly yield index of "The Bond Buyer" in light to moderate secondary trading as there is a slowdown of activities after a holiday lull in the U.S.