Senate Committee Leaders Push Bush Administration for Rail Plan
- How Amtrak's high speed trains will pay off. // Railway Age;Dec93, Vol. 194 Issue 12, p9
Reports on Amtrak's $1.3 billion investment in the New York-Boston Northeast High Speed Rail Improvement Project (NHRIP). Draft Environmental Impact Statement (DEIS); Anticipated benefits of the NHRIP; Final Environmental Impact Statement; $170 million appropriation. INSET: Confronting crossings..
- States, Amtrak Reach Rail Agreements. // AASHTO Journal: Weekly Transportation Report;10/18/2013, p1
The article reports that all 19 states have reached an agreement with National Railroad Passenger Corporation also known as Amtrak on state control and funding of U.S. passenger rail routes in 2013.
- Amtrak receives `full funding' for FY 1999. // Railway Age;Nov98, Vol. 199 Issue 11, p6
Anounces the funding received by Amtrak railroad company for fiscal year 1999 from the United States government. Funding approved by the US Congress; Proceeds of the funds.
- NEW JERSEY: Another Bid for Rail Funds. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;4/11/2011, Vol. 376 Issue 33497, p9
The article reports on a 1.3 billion dollars of federal high-speed rail funds seeking by Amtrak to help build two new train tunnels under the Hudson River, linking New Jersey and New York, and expand high-speed rail on the Northeast Corridor.
- Amtrak CEO warils of insufficient funding. GALLAGHER, PATRICK // Fairfield County Business Journal;4/29/2013, Vol. 49 Issue 17, p2
The article reports on the statement of Joe Boardman, chief executive officer (CEO) of Amtrak, the leading railroad passenger firm in the U.S., regarding the need for $2 billion annual funding for infrastructure improvements in the Northeast corridor rails.
- Gunn to states: prepare to pay more for trains. Johnston, Bob // Trains;Dec2002, Vol. 62 Issue 12, p14
Reports on the presentation of a priority-setting budget by David Gunn, president of railroad company Amtrak, beginning October 1, 2002. Background on the budget plan; Original budget allocation asked by Gunn's predecessor; Funds mandated by U.S. House Republicans on long-distance-train losses.
- CR, Amtrak take dispute to ICC. // Railway Age;Mar94, Vol. 195 Issue 3, p6
Reports on the dispute between Conrail and Amtrak. Cause of the dispute; Amount involved; Steps taken; Interstate Commerce Commission involvement.
- The annual Amtrak budget dance is under way in D.C. Johnston, Bob // Trains;Jul2006, Vol. 66 Issue 7, p18
The article offers news briefs on the U.S. railroad industry. The administration of President George W. Bush has allocated $900 million for the 2007 fiscal budget of Amtrak. A new tower is being built at Harpers Ferry in West Virginia which includes a new foundation and slate roof and...
- Illinois, Oklahoma trains threatened. JOHNSTON, BOB // Trains;May2015, Vol. 75 Issue 5, p21
The article reports on the proposal of Illinois Governor Bruce Rauner to cut funding for frequency or route reduction on four state-supported Amtrak railroad service.