Montgomery County, Md., Chief Proposes a $2.9 Billion Budget
- Transport, Nationally. // Traffic World;11/7/2005, Vol. 269 Issue 45, p4
The article focuses on the need for a national transportation policy in the U.S. FedEX Freight's president Douglas Duncan explained that the policy should address the needs of national transportation networks rather than individual modes. The Congress passed a six year highway bill to address...
- RAISING ROAD TAXES. Keane, Angela Greiling // Traffic World;1/30/2006, Vol. 270 Issue 5, p8
The article reports on the need for sweeping changes in transportation infrastructure funding in the U.S. FedEx Freight Corp. CEO Douglas G. Duncan emphasized in his January 20, 2006 speech the collection of fuel taxes. The Transportation Research Board has released a study which claims that...
- MARYLAND: Montgomery Cuts . Vekshin, Alison // Bond Buyer;12/10/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31281, p39
Reports on the decision of Douglas M. Duncan, executive of Montgomery County, Maryland to deduct five percent in the budget of each government department. Reasons for deductions in the budget; Proposal of Duncan to raise revenue for key transportation projects.
- Maryland County Chief: Let's Lift GO Cap. Vekshin, Alison // Bond Buyer;1/16/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31305, p30
Reports that Douglas M. Duncan, executive at Montgomery County, Maryland, has recommended a rise in the county's general obligation bond cap guidelines by $28.4 million over two years. Provision of additional funding for public school construction; Details of Duncan's six-year capital...
- J.B. HUNT TAPS DUNCAN. Cassidy, William // Journal of Commerce (1542-3867);3/15/2010, Vol. 11 Issue 11, p35
The article announces that Douglas Duncan has joined the board of J.B. Hunt Transport Services in the U.S.
- Residents petition to restore hours. // American Libraries;Feb96, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p16
Informs that the Alliance For Better Library Services has presented County Executive Douglas M. Duncan of Montgomery County, Maryland with a petition to increase library hours. The number of signatures on the petition; The willingness of residents to pay extra taxes to restore hours at all 20...
- Two cutting-edge Democrats. Barone, Michael // U.S. News & World Report;10/2/95, Vol. 119 Issue 13, p52
Focuses on two Maryland Democrats--Wayne Curry, Prince George's County's first African-American county executive, and Douglas Duncan, the first baby boom Montgomery County executive. Their efforts to cut back, downsize or privatize government; Their achievements; Their deep local roots and...
- MBA Raises Origination Forecast to $2.6T; Expects Gradual Rate Increase. Finkelstein, Brad // National Mortgage News;4/14/2003, Vol. 27 Issue 29, p8
Reports on Mortgage Bankers Association chief economist Douglas Duncan's 2003 forecasts for the mortgage loan market in the U.S. Movement of interest rates; Origination volume; Economic factors affecting the market.
- FEDEX FREIGHT'S DUNCAN TO RETIRE. Cassidy, William B. // Journal of Commerce (1542-3867);9/28/2009, Vol. 10 Issue 38, p62
The article announces the retirement of Douglas G. Duncan as chief executive officer and president of FedEx on February 28, 2010.