Perdido Housing Corp. Wants Bondholders to Elect New Trustee
- Bondholders Remove SouthTrust as Trustee for 11 Florida Housing Issues. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;11/1/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31504, p4
Reports that bondholders have removed SouthTrust Bank as trustee for 11 bond issues sold for nonprofit affordable housing projects in north Florida. Accusation against the bank by the housing corporations; Corporations that own the housing projects; Financial problems relating to the housing...
- Bondholders Boot SouthTrust Bank as Trustee for Florida Housing Issue. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;4/25/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31373, p30
Reports the vote of bondholders on the removal of SouthTrust Bank. Failure of the bank to pay caused bonds to default; Issuance of the bonds in 1996 for the Lamplighter housing project by Perdido Housing Corp.; Anticipation on the final ruling on whether it erred in nonpayment.
- SouthTrust: Building blocks. Reynolds, Rhonda // Black Enterprise;Oct95, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p54
Reports on the slow and steady growth of the Birmingham, Alabama-based SouthTrust Corp. Venture into other southeastern states; Hot spots for SouthTrust; Aggressive growth plan.
- Moving images to PCS. Radigan, Joseph // U.S. Banker;Jan95, Vol. 105 Issue 1, p14
Reports that SouthTrust Corp. has bought a check-processing system based on client/server technology. Acceptance for this technology; Advantage over mainframes; Other banks that bought the equipment.
- SouthTrust buying FFE Financial, a Fla. thrift. // American Banker;11/15/1995, Vol. 160 Issue 221, p5
Reports on Birmingham, Alabama-based SouthTrust Corp.'s definitive agreement to acquire Englewood, Florida-based FFE Financial Corp.
- SouthTrust unit to move. // American Banker;1/4/94, Vol. 159 Issue 2, p5
Reports on move of SouthTrust Bank of Georgia's corporate headquarters to the One Georgia Center building in Atlanta. Total area of office space leased; Schedule of move; Bank as a unit of SouthTrust Corp.
- SouthTrust: Stealth makes wealth. Hackney, Holt // FW;12/6/94, Vol. 163 Issue 25, p24
Features SouthTrust bank based in Birmingham, Alabama. Trading at only eight times 1995 estimated earnings; Earnings gains every year for the last two decades except for 1990.
- SouthTrust's Ga. bank promotes retail chief to take over as president. Gillam, Carey // American Banker;5/29/1997, Vol. 162 Issue 102, p6
Reports that William H. Linginfelter has been appointed president and chief operating officer of SouthTrust Corp.'s Georgia bank. Surprise expressed by industry observers about the announcement; SouthTrust's plan to consolidate its Georgia bank; Linginfelter's background.
- $87.5 million SouthTrust offering to end drought of new stock issues by big banks. Kaplan, Daniel // American Banker;9/29/1995, Vol. 160 Issue 188, p22
Reports on SouthTrust Corp.'s plan to issue three-and-a-half million shares in October 1995, considered the first issue of new stock by a major bank in over a year. Share prices; Banking industry's repurchase of shares to spend excess capital; SouthTrust's equity-to-asset ratio at the end of...