Schools Debt Seen Likely to Crowd Other Items Off California Ballot
- N.Y. State Bond Bank Finally Selling $400M Deal for Schools. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;11/17/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31763, p40
Reports on the New York State Municipal Bond Bank Agency's scheduling of the sale of more than $400 million of fixed-rate, special school purpose revenue bond in December 2003. Structure of the deal; Use of proceeds from the issue.
- Utah, California schools win big as voters say yes to bond measures. Marois, Michael B.; Figler, Andrea // Bond Buyer;05/06/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30635, p4
Reports on the voters' approval of a $136 million worth of school bonds in Salt Lake City, Utah. Use of proceeds from the sale; Structure of the deal; Borrowing authority of the school district from a general obligation bond approved by voters in 1993.
- Shelton Readies GOs. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;9/11/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32463, p29
The article reports on the issuance of general obligation bonds worth $18.5 million by Shelton city in Connecticut. The proceeds will be used for the renovation and expansion of Shelton High School, remodeling of an elementary school, upgrades to the city's water lines, and for equipment and...
- Comal, Tex., School District Going TO Market With $105 Million of GOs. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;2/21/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32323, p40
The article reports that the Comal Independent School District in Texas will be issuing at least $105 million general obligation bonds in the first issuance from a $189.2 million authorization approved by voters. Proceeds from the bond sale will be used to finance new schools and facilities and...
- Univ. of Texas Selling $100M of Notes Backed by gilt-Edged Fund. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;3/1/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31831, p4
Reports that the Board of Regents of the University of Texas System will sell 100 million dollars of Permanent University Fund flexible rate notes. Structures of the bonds; Price of the bonds.
- Spring Branch ISD to Float $596M Bond Plan. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;7/2/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32662, p4
The article reports that the Spring Branch Independent School District is expecting to ask voters for $596 million of general obligation bonds to renovate and expand schools in Dallas, Texas. According to Curt Martin, co-chairman of Bond Advisory Committee, the proposal is not about fancy...
- California's $6B in School Issues Dominate Ballot. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;10/21/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32243, p1
Reports on the variety of local school bond measures in California. Recommendation of a statewide special election by Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger to advance his own ballot measures that attempt to change the state budget process; Provisions of the Proposition 39; Improvement of the...
- SOUTHWEST Bond-Watch. Watts, Jim; Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/25/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32245, p27
Reports on municipal bonds-related developments in the Southwestern States. Decision of Mayor Phil Gordon to give multimillion dollar funds to the University of Arizona's College of Medicine for its proposed downtown campus; Issuance of revenue bonds to finance the construction of two new campus...
- Massachusetts School District Readies $37.4M of GO Bans for Next Month. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;12/30/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32289, p4
The article reports on the preparation of Regional School District to competitively sell its multi-million general obligation bond anticipation notes to help finance a high school project in Raynham, Massachusetts. It will offer the fixed-rate notes on January 11 through i-Deal's Parity...