Arizona Authority Narrows Field in Search for NFL Stadium Site
- Arizona Lawmakers Block Cardinals Football Stadium Bill. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;04/19/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30874, p4
Reports on the Arizona Legislature's rejection of the proposed funding bill for the Arizona Cardinals football team's stadium. Action of the state Senate which led to the bill's rejection; Public support for the proposed stadium.
- Arizona Authority Agrees to Sell $32M for Stadium Infrastructure. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;9/10/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31966, p28
This article reports that the Arizona Sports and Tourism Authority (AZSTA) will issue $32 million in bonds for municipal infrastructure upgrades serving the stadium currently under construction in Glendale for the National Football League's Arizona Cardinals. The dispute was resolved when AZSTA...
- Phoenix Stadium: built for wireless from ground up. Salazar, Gary E. // RCR Wireless News;11/10/2008, Vol. 27 Issue 36, p7
The article presents information on the University of Phoenix Stadium in Glendale, Arizona, which has been built with a wireless system. The stadium features active distributed antenna systems that provide mobile communications for the large crowds that fill the stadium for sporting events or...
- Cardinals Nix Naming Offer. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;8/29/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32455, p27
This article reports that the rugby football team Arizona Cardinals has refused to accept an offer of $30 million from the firm Pink Taco to name their new stadium in Glendale, Arizona, "Pink Taco Stadium" for the next 10 years. Cardinals contributed $175 million of the stadium's construction...
- Arizona Cardinals. Somers, Kent // Sporting News;1/27/97, Vol. 221 Issue 4, p25
No abstract available.
- Ready for flight. Schoenfeld, Steve // Football Digest;Sep98, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p72
Looks at the Arizona Cardinals football team as they prepare for the 1998-99 National Football League (NFL) season. Information on the player acquisitions made by the Cardinals; Details on the team; Comments from football player Jake Plummer; Reference made to the Dallas Cowboys football team.
- Arizona Cardinals. Shappell, Lee // Sporting News;7/1/96, Vol. 220 Issue 27, p34
Updates on various issues concerning the Arizona Cardinals as of July 1, 1996. Impressive performance of first-round pick Simeon Rice; Presence of all the drafted in rookie camp even though none is under contract; Third-round pick Johnny McWilliams' comments on offensive coordinator Jim...
- Arizona Cardinals. Shappell, Lee // Sporting News;7/8/96, Vol. 220 Issue 28, p49
Presents an update on the Arizona Cardinals football team as of July 8, 1996. Offensive coordinator Jim Fassel's optimism for the team in the 1996 season; Negotiations with Seth Joyner and Clyde Simmons about reductions in their salary.
- Arizona Cardinals. Somers, Kent // Sporting News;08/05/96, Vol. 220 Issue 32, p34
Presents news updates concerning the football team Arizona Cardinals for the week ending August 5, 1996. Description of the training camp; Failure of rookie Mike Foley to play this season.