Shortfalls Haven't Scared North Carolina Away From Bonding
- South Carolina Dealing for Higher Ed. TEMPLE-WEST, PATRICK // Bond Buyer;2/7/2011, Vol. 375 Issue 33462, p5
The article reports on the issuance of 342.7 million dollars worth of refunding bonds and 126.2 million dollars worth of general obligation bonds for higher education in South Carolina.
- Welcome, St. John's: In a first of Texas, prep school enters tax-exempt market. Sanders, Lisa // Bond Buyer;01/06/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30304, p28
Reports on Houston Higher Education Finance Corp.'s sale of $10.1 million of revenue bonds in Texas. School's plan to use the money to purchase land and build new facilities; Moody's Investors Service's rating to the bonds.
- Tuition Bonds on Tap. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;6/7/2011, Vol. 376 Issue 33528, p7
The article reports on the bill proposed by Senator Judith Zaffirini of Laredo, Texas to allow state colleges and universities to issue a total of 100 million dollars of tuition revenue bonds.
- "Companies That Care" Help High School Students Attend College. Edwards, Lee // Chicago Citizen - Hyde Park Edition;5/14/2014, Vol. 25 Issue 25, p10
The article reports on the success of the five-kilometer marathon fundraising event of non-profit organization Companies That Care (CTC) in Grant Park in Chicago, Illinois on May 8, 2014 to finance its programs which help students of Chicago Public Schools (CPS) attend college.
- "Companies That Care" Help High School Students Attend College. Edwards, Lee // Chicago Citizen - South End Edition;5/14/2014, Vol. 47 Issue 15, p13
The article reports on the success of the five-kilometer marathon fundraising event of non-profit organization Companies That Care (CTC) in Grant Park in Chicago, Illinois on May 8, 2014 in an effort to benefit its programs which help students of Chicago Public Schools (CPS) attend college.
- TSU Sells Taxable Dorm Debt, Seeks 501(c)(3) for Refinancing. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;01/09/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31053, p1
Reports on the Texas Southern University's issuance of taxable revenue bond issue to pay for dormitory constructions in Texas. Structure of the bonds; Issuance of the bonds by the Houston Higher Education Finance Corp.
- ARKANSAS: Higher Ed GOs on the Way. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/14/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32508, p31
The article reports that some bonds that have been approved could be issued in coming months to fund the needed capital improvements at 11 public universities and 22 two-year colleges in Arkansas. The bond package includes $150 million for new projects and $100 million to pay down an earlier...
- ARKANSAS: ASU Bonds Get Nod. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;4/3/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32600, p9
The article reports on the approval of Arkansas State University plan to issue $40.4 million of 30-year revenue bonds by the Arkansas Higher Education Coordinating Board. The school will use $23.4 million in the construction of two residence halls and in the maintenance of other student housing,...
- Missouri Education Agency Sells Assets to Fund Governor's Initiative. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;2/1/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32310, p29
The article focuses on the Missouri Higher Education Loan Authority's selling of about half of its assets to raise at least 425 million dollars to finance higher education capital improvement projects, scholarships and endowed professorships. The projects are the plans of Missouri Governor Matt...