Pair of Congressmen Speak Out Against O'Hare Expansion
- Peace & Freedom Everywhere. Hyde, Henry J. // Presidents & Prime Ministers;Mar/Apr2001, Vol. 10 Issue 2, p17
Presents an excerpt from a speech given by Henry J. Hyde, chairman of the Committee on International Relations in the United States (U.S.), at the America Israel Public Affairs Committee Policy Conference Plenary Session on March 19, 2001, which deals with U.S.-Israel relations.
- Should the House Pass H.R. 988, H.R. 1058, and H.R. 956, Legal Reform Legislation? PRO. Hyde, Henry J. // Congressional Digest;May95, Vol. 74 Issue 5, p154
Presents Representative Henry J. Hyde's opinion in favor of the passage of H.R. 956, the Common Sense Legal Standards Reform Act of 1995.
- Bill would give providers antitrust relief. Burda, David // Modern Healthcare;2/5/96, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p14
Reports on United States Representative Henry Hyde's drafting of a legislation that would give physicians and other providers antitrust relief to form networks to deal collectively with payers. Federal Trade Commission's releasing of a favorable antitrust ruling on a proposed physician network.
- Religious amendment unveiled. R.N.S. // Christian Century;12/6/95, Vol. 112 Issue 35, p1167
Reports on United States Representative Henry J. Hyde's proposed constitutional amendment allowing for greater religious expression in public places. Opponents' efforts to prevent passage of the amendment; Alternative bills proposed.
- Giving up the gun: The conversion of Henry Hyde. Carlson, Margaret // Time;5/16/1994, Vol. 143 Issue 20, p42
Speculates that Congressman Henry Hyde's (Ill.) decision to vote in favor of the assault weapons ban may have made the victory for the ban a certainty. Hyde's 1991 vote against the ban; His long-time support for the right to bear arms; Efforts of Senator Dianne Feinstein and Congressman Charles...
- Hyde fighting against increased flights bill. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;08/07/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30452, p5
Reports that United States Representative Henry Hyde is attempting to prevent a bill aimed at increasing the number of flights serving the four alleged slot limited airports. Hyde's constituents and other cities opposition to the law; Passage of a similar bill in the US Senate.
- A law run wild. Reske, Henry J. // ABA Journal;Oct93, Vol. 79 Issue 10, p24
Reports on the impact of civil asset forfeiture practices of the judiciary system in the United States. Programs to recover assets associated with crime ; Federal forfeiture statutes; Cases of civil asset forfeiture; Efforts of the American Bar Association (ABA) to improve forfeiture laws and...
- Urgent Need for a Practical, Long-Term, Bipartisan Vision. Hyde, Henry J. // Presidents & Prime Ministers;Sep/Oct2001, Vol. 10 Issue 5, p26
Presents an excerpt from a speech given by United States House of Representatives Chairman Henry Hyde on September 26, 2001 dealing with military and economic preparedness for possible terrorism attacks. INSET: Henry J. Hyde.
- FTC Investigation. Barlas, Stephen // Underground Construction;Dec2000, Vol. 55 Issue 12, p14
Reports that United States Representative Henry Hyde, chairman of the House Judiciary Committee, has called for an anti-trust investigation on the natural gas industry by the Federal Trade Commission (FTC). Comments from Eric London, spokesman for the FTC; Effect of an FTC investigation on...