The National Postal Museum
Tags: POSTAL museums
- The National Postal Museum. Ethier, Eric // American History;Nov/Dec97, Vol. 32 Issue 5, p58
Focuses on the National Postal Museum of the Smithsonian Institute in Washington D.C. Description of the museum; Features of the museum's exhibits; Significance of the museum to American history.
- National Postal Museum anchors `Postal Square' development. // Buildings;Oct93, Vol. 87 Issue 10, p26
Reports on the inauguration of the National Postal Museum in Washington, D.C. created by a public-private partnership. Members of the partnership; Contents of the museum; Modernization of the Dulles Air Mail Facility in Washington, D.C.
- Some beguiling mail chauvinism at a brand-new museum. Kernan, Michael; Lautman, Robert C. // Smithsonian;Aug93, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p76
Describes the Smithsonian's new National Postal Museum, which opened July 30, 1993 in the old granite post office building next to Union Station in Washington, D.C. This state-of-the-art museum ingeniously manages to turn postal history into a hair-raising, and sometimes hilarious, adventure. ...
- Smithsonian horizons. Adams, Robert McC. // Smithsonian;Nov93, Vol. 24 Issue 8, p8
Focuses on the 16th and newest of the Smithsonian's museums, the National Postal Museum, located in the Washington City Post Office Building, which opened in midsummer 1993. A rewarding, broadly informative museum; Unrivaled collections now easily available to the specialist; More.
- Around the Mall and beyond. Park, Edwards // Smithsonian;Mar94, Vol. 24 Issue 12, p16
Focuses on the National Postal Museum in Washington, D.C. which opened in July 1993. Exhibits; Why the famous inverted-plane airmail stamp exists; How airmail predated the airplane; The exhibit `The Art of Cards and Letters'; The mid-19th century as a grand time for letters; Examples of letters...
- The museum that appreciates mail. // U.S. News & World Report;7/26/93, Vol. 115 Issue 4, p16
Announces the opening next week of the Smithsonian Institution's National Postal Museum, Washington, D.C., which will display three airmail planes and a 1931 Ford Model A mail truck, a replica of a mail car and a nine-passenger mail coach built in Concord, N.H., in 1851. Other details of the...
- Fan letter from the National Postal Museum. Ford, Gary D. // Southern Living;Apr94, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p48
Describes collections at the National Postal Museum in Washington, D.C. Old mail planes at the entrance; Exhibits covering the United States mail history; `The Arts of Cards & Letters' room.
- PMCC Opens World's Largest Postmark Museum. // Antiques & Collecting Magazine;Jan2004, Vol. 108 Issue 11, p11
Provides information on the opening of the Margie Pfund Postmark Museum in Ohio.
- Canada opens new postal museum. // Mekeel's & Stamps Magazine;06/27/97, Vol. 180 Issue 26, p2
Announces the opening of the Canadian Postal Museum (CPM) at the Canadian Museum of Civilization (CMC) in Hull, Quebec on June 12, 1997. Features and description of the museum; History of CPM; Composition of the collections featured in the museum.