- News Briefs. // American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy;6/15/2013, Vol. 70 Issue 12, p1011
This section offers health-related news briefs including the approval issued by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for a computer-assisted personalized sedation system designed for use by physician-led teams and the awarding of an honorary degree of Doctor of Science to Paul W....
- Dressings for venous leg ulcers: systematic review and meta-analysis. Palfreyman, Simon; Nelson, E. Andrea; Michaels, Jonathan A. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);8/4/2007, Vol. 335 Issue 7613, p244
Objective To review the evidence of effectiveness of dressings applied to venous leg ulcers. Design Systematic review and meta-analysis. Data sources Hand searches of journals and searches of electronic databases, conference proceedings, and bibliographies up to April 2006; contacts with...
- First report of topical timolol treatment in primarily ulcerated perineal haemangioma. Cante, V.; Pham-Ledard, A.; Imbert, E.; Ezzedine, K.; Léauté-Labrèze, C. // Archives of Disease in Childhood -- Fetal & Neonatal Edition;Mar2012, Vol. 97 Issue 2, pF155
The article presents information on a study on ulceration, a complication of infantile haemangiomas (IH). It was found that ulcerated IHs were larger than non-ulcerated IH and the risk factors associated with ulceration included friction, low birth weight and prematurity. It is concluded that...
- Understanding Martorell's ulcer. Ocampo, Maria // World Council of Enterostomal Therapists Journal;Jan-Mar2011, Vol. 31 Issue 1, p22
No abstract available.
- Medtronic gets CE mark for its Export catheter. // Medical Device Daily;5/21/2013, Vol. 17 Issue 98, p1
This section offers news briefs relating to the medical device industry as of May 2013. Minneapolis, Minnesota-based medical device company Medtronic has revealed that its Export Advance aspiration catheter has received the European CE mark and will be launched in the region within the year....
- Aptus Endosystems gets CE mark for Heli-FX. // Medical Device Daily;4/4/2013, Vol. 17 Issue 65, p8
The article reports that Aptus Endosystems' thoracic-length Heli-FX System for treating abdominal aortic aneurysms (AAA) has received the ConformitÃ© EuropÃ©enne (CE) trademark from the European Union.
- Edwards' Sapien XT gains Japanese market approval. // Medical Device Daily;6/27/2013, Vol. 17 Issue 123, p1
The article offers medical technology-related world news briefs as of June 26, 2013. The Japanese health ministry has approved the Sapien XT transcatheter aortic heart valve of Edwards Lifesciences from California. Certain mammography assets of Rayence, a subsidiary of X-Ray manufacturer Vatech...
- Med-Tech Notes. // Medical Device Daily;4/11/2013, Vol. 17 Issue 70, p5
The article reports that Andain has started the testing of its miniature disposable insulin pump for the treatment of Type I and Type II diabetes for one week period.
- Maquet gains clearance for radial compression device. FORD, OMAR // Medical Device Daily;4/19/2013, Vol. 17 Issue 74, p1
The article reports on the clearance received for the Air-Band Radial Compression device for hemostasis of the radial artery by Maquet Cardiovascular from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA). The device aimed to compress the radial artery puncture site while maintaining site visibility...