OF SPECIAL INTEREST
- Implementation of an inpatient anticoagulation teaching service: Expanding the role of pharmacy students and residents in patient education. WILHELM, SHEILA M.; PETROVITCH, ELIZABETH A. // American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy;11/1/2011, Vol. 68 Issue 21, p2086
Purpose. The implementation of and early experience with an anticoagulation teaching service managed by pharmacy students and residents are described. Summary. A structured anticoagulation teaching program was established to improve the provision of education services to inpatients scheduled for...
- Correction. // American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy;1/15/2014, Vol. 71 Issue 2, p92
A correction to the article "Update on factors motivating pharmacy students to pursue residency and fellowship training" that was published in the August 15, 2013 issue is presented.
- Raltegravir dosage adjustment in HIV-infected patients receiving etravirine. DO, VI T.; HIGGINSON, ROBERT T.; FULCO, PATRICIA PECORA // American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy;11/1/2011, Vol. 68 Issue 21, p2049
Purpose. The pharmacokinetic interaction of etravirine and raltegravir is reviewed, with discussion of implications for clinical practice. Summary. Etravirine (a second-generation nonnucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitor) and raltegravir (an integrase strand-transfer inhibitor) are two...
- Abstracts ICAR 2010. // Infection;Jun2010, Vol. 38, p1
The article presents abstracts on AIDS and retroviruses research including the efficacy of Maraviroc (MVC) in treating HIV-1 patients, HIV infection of man having sex with man and efficacy and safety of maraviroc, raltegravir, etravirine in treating R5 HIV-infected patients.
- Conflict resolution strategies between preceptor and resident-A case-based scenario. Phillips, Holly; Fuller, Patrick D.; May, J. Russell; Johnston, Susan; Pettit, Natasha N. // American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy;2/1/2014, Vol. 71 Issue 3, p184
The article describes a case-based scenario of conflict resolution strategies between preceptor and pharmacy program resident in a practice setting. Emphasis is given on the need of preceptor development to include training in communication and conflict resolution skills. The actions that a...
- Role for a resident representative on a regional conference steering committee. Huber, Michelle R.; Bookstaver, P. Brandon; Darling, Charles; Walker, Mary Covington; Gregory, David F. // American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy;9/1/2013, Vol. 70 Issue 17, p1478
The article discusses the creation of a position for a resident representative on the steering committee at the Southeastern Pharmacy Residency Conference (SERC). This position was created to provide a leadership role for new pharmacy practitioners. The SERC steering committee is consists of a...
- Web-based experiential rotation platform. Cook, Aaron M.; Lewis, Dan A.; Martin, Craig A. // American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy;7/1/2011, Vol. 68 Issue 13, p1196
The article offers an overview of a Web-based platform used by colleges of pharmacy to guide students through common advanced pharmacy practice experiences (APPEs). It mentions that Microsoft SharePoint server program is used for experiential education, allowing the upload of documents,...
- Coping with the residency scramble: The need for national guidelines. MAY, J. RUSSELL; CHAN, JULIANA; CHOUDHARY, KAVISH; FULLER, PATRICK D.; GOLDMAN, MORTON; JASIAK, KARALEA D.; LEINUM, COREY J.; PHILLIPS, HOLLY; SMITH, KELLY M. // American Journal of Health-System Pharmacy;2/1/2012, Vol. 69 Issue 3, p253
In the article, the authors offer guidance to pharmacy students of post graduate year 1 (PGY1) and other applicants on how to manage the post March scramble. They suggest that residency program directors should plan a standardized process for selecting and assessing candidates who enquire about...
- Response letter to H Honda et al. â€“ Raltegravir use in warfarin treated HIV patients (Int J STD AIDS 2012;23:903â€“904). Pammi, Manjula // International Journal of STD & AIDS;Nov2013, Vol. 24 Issue 11, p916
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Safe use of raltegravir in HIV-1 infected patients treated with warfarin," by H. Honda and colleagues in the 2012 issue.