Minnesota Lawmakers Consider Ventura's $330M Ballpark Plan
- Bill Would Raise Taxes for $650M Dallas Cowboys Stadium. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;3/12/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31591, p28
Focuses on a bill to be introduced in the Texas legislature which would allow Dallas County, Texas to raise taxes for Dallas Cowboys stadium. Significance of the stadium for Texas; Possibility of growth in taxes for hotels in Texas following the bill's approval; Opposition of the taxes by the...
- Arizona Lawmakers Get Ready to Debate Divergent Stadium Measures. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;4/4/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31538, p4
Reports that Arizona Legislature will debate on the opposing bills that could determine the fate of a proposed stadium near Phoenix, Arizona. Revenue to finance the project; Bid process for the project; Eligibility of the bills and project proposals.
- MARYLAND: Team Finds Its Prince. Funk, Lynne // Bond Buyer;2/23/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33067, p9
The article reports that the professional soccer team D.C. United is planning to move to Prince George's County in Maryland, after officials at the county announced a plan to build a stadium that costs between $180 million and $195 million and partially financed by bonds. Maryland Senator...
- California Lawmakers' Bill Aimed at Fast-Tracking New L.A. Stadium. WEBSTER, KEELEY // Bond Buyer;9/7/2011, Vol. 377 Issue 33578, p5
The article reports on the legislation introduced by California Assembly Speaker John Perez and U.S. Senator Alex Padilla that would help fast-track a 3.1 billion dollars pro football stadium project in Los Angeles.
- Arizona Senate Panel Squashes Stadium Referendum Bill. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;4/24/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31372, p3
Reports the approval of the HB 2654 legislative bill by the Senate Finance Committee in Arizona. Construction of the proposed stadium for the National Football League; Amount of the revenue bonds issued by the Arizona Tourism and Spots Authority; Selections for the stadium sites.
- Utah taxpayers to provide $41 million subsidy for soccer stadium? Stephenson, Howard // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;3/27/2006, Vol. 35 Issue 39, p27
Focuses on the tax provision for soccer stadiums in Utah. Passage of the House Bill 371 by the Utah legislature that enables the extension of 1.25 percent rate increase on transient room taxes in 2005; Arguments of stadium proponents on the current stadium proposal; Use of the tourist taxes in...
- Stadium Saga. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;12/17/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31286, p37
Reports that governor James McGreevey has succeeded to cancel legislative bills related to the issue of bonds for the development of stadiums in New Jersey. Concerns of acting governor Donald DiFranceso related to the issue; Comments of DiFrancesco on the benefits of bills.
- California Dreamin'... Of a New Football Stadium. King, David // Information Today;Jun2008, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p47
The article talks about plans for a 5,000-seat stadium for a National Football League (NFL) team. The facility could be ready for the 2011 season if the California Legislature must pass a bill to help with development and if folks in the area must give the project the go-ahead. One notable idea...
- Gopher Stadium Advances. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;4/12/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32359, p31
The article reports on the approval of the 9-million-dollar appropriation by the Minnesota State House on April 11, 2006. The appropriation is dedicated to cover half of a debt service payment for 250 million in bonds that will be sold to cover the costs of building a new football stadium for...