Maine Snuffs Out $476 Million Tobacco Securitization Plan
- Interoperability in Europe: Settling for Less? Clarke, Jeremy // Securities Industry News;9/10/2001, Vol. 13 Issue 36, p1
Reports the interoperability among clearing and settlement institutions in Europe. Proposals of European Securities Forum for consolidation; Plan of consolidation of European clearing settlement platforms; Correlation between settlement costs and asset servicing costs.
- European/U.S. Processing Cost Differential Disputed. Clarke, Jeremy // Securities Industry News;1/7/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p1
Reports the comparison of clearing and settlement costs between the United States and the European Union (EU) countries. Efficiency of European's clearing and settlement system; Difference in cost and service levels between US and EU; Use of international central securities depository in EU.
- iX Details Still Sketchy. Kentouris, Chris // Securities Industry News;07/24/2000, Vol. 12 Issue 28, p1
Focuses on the streamlined settlement plan for a merged exchange by the London Stock Exchange and Deutsche Borse in Europe. Concerns over post-trade processing; Account of settlement costs; Elaboration on the trading platform and regulatory issues of the document; Impact on the local securities...
- Thornburg Mortgage Aiming to Gain Market Share. Thangavelu, Poonkulali // National Mortgage News;12/15/2003, Vol. 28 Issue 13, p8
Reports on the expansion plan of Thornburg Mortgage. Achievement of origination target; Development of senior note offering; Purchases of mortgage-backed securities.
- Another Westpoint case settled. Pokrajac, Milana // Money Management;9/23/2010, Vol. 24 Issue 35, p11
The article reports that the Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC) had reached its settlement amounting to 1 million dollars against the financial planning firm Barzen as well as its former principal Joseph Dukes.
- T2S wave four 'can't afford delays'. Walsh, Paul // Global Custodian News;11/2/2016, p1
Earlier stages of T2S were hit by delays in migration but wave four cannot be delayed due to increasing external pressures, according to an industry expert.
- Stock Exchange's new settlement team. // Accountancy;Mar1988, Vol. 101 Issue 1135, p37
This article reports on effort taken by the International Stock Exchange to set up a permanent staff group, the Performance Monitoring Unit, to monitor settlement performance on a permanent basis. Apparently, the special Task Force established to reduce the number of outstanding bargains will be...
- 60%-75% LTV Deals Called Attractive. // National Mortgage News;6/17/2002, Vol. 26 Issue 38, p21
Reports on the demand for investments in commercial mortgage-backed securities collateralized by 60 to 75 percent loan-to-value deals by the market environment. Factor which causes a competitive situation for loan originators; Comments on insurance companies that offer terrorism insurance;...
- Commercial Business Booming. Thangavelu, Poonkulali // National Mortgage News;9/5/2005, Vol. 29 Issue 49, p3
Reports on the increased originations of commercial and multifamily loans in Washington D.C. Percentage increase; Loans originated of the commercial mortgage-backed securities originated in the second-quarter; Increase in lending activity.