DERIVATIVES & STRUCTURED PRODUCTS
- Hot ticket: Emerging markets derivatives. Hamburg, Jill; Smith, Michael // American Banker;8/22/1996, Vol. 161 Issue 161, p18
Reports on the growing preference of derivatives traders for emerging markets transactions as a profitable alternative to common swaps. Bank charges for common swaps and derivatives instruments; Basic types of emerging-markets derivatives; Emerging-markets derivatives businesses of major United...
- Derivatives & structured products. // Bond Buyer;01/05/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30303, p32
Presents a chart and graphs on swaps and derivative securities in the United States. Municipal swap index; Index-linked municipal swaps; Swap rates and bond yields.
- Connecticut agency's single-family swap is `capstone' to mortgage effort. Reynolds, Katherine M. // Bond Buyer;05/26/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30400, p35
Reports on developments concerning derivative securities and structured products in the United States as of May 26, 1998. Includes Connecticut Housing Finance Authority's entry into a tax-exempt swap associated with single-family mortgages; Broward County, Florida's entry into the swap markets...
- Law panel recommends caution when entering into contracts with municipalities. Koning, Rachel // Bond Buyer;11/23/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30526, p32
Focuses on derivatives attorneys at a Practising Law Institute's `Swaps and Other Derivatives in 1998' conference in New York's call for their fellow counsel to be cautious in their dealings with municipalities. Failure of bankruptcy legislation that would have clarified default responsibility...
- Swaps -- a new instrument for treasurers. Freyne, Aidan // Accountancy;Oct85, Vol. 96 Issue 1106, p162
Discusses swap financing which was developed in response to the need for managing the unacceptable contingent risk caused by volatile interest and exchange rates. Principal uses of swaps; Hedging against currency exposure; Mechanics of a swap.
- OTC Derivatives Market is Just Shifting. Plansky, John; Regelman, Roman; Lyman, Chuck; Vaed, Kunal // American Banker;11/17/2010, Vol. 175 Issue 177, p8
The article presents the author's views on the over-the-counter derivatives market, the purpose of the U.S. Dodd-Frank Act, and rules concerning swaps and collateral management.
- Guest editorial. Choudhry, Moorad // Derivatives Use, Trading & Regulation;2002, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p100
Editorial. Discusses why credit default swaps, the most common form of credit derivatives, are observed to trade at a different level to that of the same reference asset swap. Description on asset swap pricing; Information on default swap pricing differentials; Example of difference in price...
- DERIVATIVES & STRUCTURED PRODUCTS. // Bond Buyer;02/20/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31080, p40
Presents statistics related to derivatives and structured products in the United States as of February 20, 2001. Data on interdealer swap prices on February 14, 2001.
- DERIVATIVES & STRUCTURED PRODUCTS. // Bond Buyer;4/23/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31371, p6
Provides data on derivative securities in the U.S. Average yield of the Bond Market Association municipal swap index; Rates of index-linked municipal swaps; Ratio of swap rates versus bond yields.