Spokane Mayor Looking to Appeal Judge's Ruling in Garage Lawsuit
- N.Y. judge Wants MAC Papers Today. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;8/15/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31700, p1
Reports that New York officials have been asked by a state Supreme Court justice to file legal papers in relation to a controversial deal to refinance a portion of Municipal Assistance Corp.'s debt. Objective of the judge's order; Criticism of the order by the officials.
- Market Waits for JeffCo Receiver Ruling. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;12/8/2011, Vol. 378 Issue 33629, p1
The article reports on the potential ousting of sewer system's receiver John Young in Jefferson County, Alabama in relation to the county's bankruptcy case that may run off bonds secured by a particular pledge of revenues. The court's decision to allow Young to continue making debt service...
- Appellate Court Rules MAC Deal OK. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;3/5/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31835, p1
Reports on the court ruling on the plan to sell bonds by New York City. Aim of the city to use the money to refinance the city's debt; Constitutionality of the move of the city to sell bonds; Failure of the effort of New York Governor George E. Pataki to block the sale.
- Shutting the Back Door. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;12/2/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32021, p1
The article reports that in a setback for West Virginia Governor Bob Wise's administration, the state Supreme Court of Appeals ruled yesterday that the governor's proposed $4 billion taxable pension bond sale does not constitute a refinancing of current debt and cannot go forward without first...
- Florida Faces Decreased Debt Capacity Brought on by Revenue Shortfall. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;11/27/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31272, p5
Reports that revenue shortfalls in Florida will make it impossible to keep up with issuance plans without raising debt service levels above the state's target. Decline in the revenue supporting the state budget; State's net tax-supported debt service; Expected borrowing capacity of state in the...
- Harrisburg, Pa., Could Miss $2M Debt-Service Payment. KASKE, MICHELLE // Bond Buyer;2/16/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33266, p36
The article reports on the likelihood of Harrisburg to miss its debt-service payment worth two million dollars supported by Pennsylvania on March 1, 2010.
- Choose a debt consolidator. Gray, Valerie Lynn // Black Enterprise;May97, Vol. 27 Issue 10, p131
Warns the public about debt consolidators. Suggestions from Janice Gassi, executive director of the Better Business Bureau in Long Island, before signing your debt away to a credit service.
- On real exchange rate targeting and debt servicing. Chow, Lap-Kei // Atlantic Economic Journal;Mar1997, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p115
Highlights the incentive for a stronger real currency when debt servicing comes into a play and provides a justification on how the targeted level is set. An assumption of formula of the policymaker having a loss function.
- chapter 3: Special Report. // Turkey Business Forecast Report;2007 Quarter1, p23
The article presents the BMI sovereign risk rating index of European countries as of January 2007.