Assessment Battle Has Pennsylvania County Planning Trans
- Operators are seeing the future in Pennsylvania. Kapner, Suzanne // Nation's Restaurant News;10/2/95, Vol. 29 Issue 39, p58
Describes the author's tour in Pennsylvania to study its economic possibilities. Visions of entrepreneurs for a restaurant that matches the MercBar; Risks and losses in investments; Optimism for the restaurant business.
- The true enemy. Jampole, Marc // Executive Report;Dec95, Vol. 14 Issue 4, p68
Reports that Western Pennsylvania is experiencing economic problems. Source of problems; Taxes and labor.
- An informed decision. Urban, Jim // Executive Report;Jun97, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p4
Editorial. Presents the author's analysis on poor economic opportunities in southwestern Pennsylvania. Sample stories on people in Pennsylvania who can't land a job; Suggestions on half-percent sales tax; Need for economic growth in the region.
- Behind noise of economic pessimism, quiet signs of recovery. Collier, Jeremy // Central Penn Business Journal;7/20/2012, Vol. 28 Issue 30, p10
The article comments on the current global economic scenario and tells that despite all economic pessimism, the economy of Pennsylvania is showing signs of improvement in terms of various economic indicators including mortgaged residential properties, employment and warehouse projects.
- Prudence Pays Off With a Manageable Crunch. Braun, Martin Z. // Bond Buyer;2/11/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31322, p20A
Focuses on the economic condition of Pennsylvania in the fiscal year 2002. Anticipated revenue fall for the fiscal 2002; Impact on the debts of the state; Efforts made by Pennsylvania Turnpike Commission on refunding of its mainline debt.
- SOUND OFF: WHAT YOU SAID. // Central Penn Business Journal;12/17/2010, Vol. 26 Issue 53, p12
The article presents a survey on whether more business incubators are needed by Central Pennsylvania as well as on whether Harrisburg, Pennsylvania will be in better condition in 2011.
- New governor, legislature must make third-class cities a priority. // Central Penn Business Journal;1/14/2011, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p12
The article discusses the need for new laws and stresses the significant role of the governor and legislature in helping third-class cities in Pennsylvania recover from the recession.
- Forces Shaping Philadephia's Future. Santomero, Anthony M. // Business Review (Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia);2002 Fourth Quarter, p1
Discusses the factors which shape the economic future of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Counties included in the Philadelphia metropolitan areas; Background on a study conducted by the Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia concerning the economic structure of the state; Comparison between the...
- Active county. // Executive Report;Dec94, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p11
Reports on the companies who put up their businesses in Armstrong County, Pennsylvania. Economic development marketing program; Reintroduction of the county to western Pa. businesses.