Massachusetts Issues Bans to Help Cover Big Dig Expenses
- Oklahoma Garvees Get High Court OK. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;12/11/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31779, p1
Reports on the bond issuance for the Department of Transportation to finance highway construction in Oklahoma. Amount of the bond; Change on the size of the initial transaction due to delay; Payment on the principal, interest or cost of the bonds.
- Odds & Ends. Heideman, Myrtle // Free Press (Buda, TX);7/4/2007, Vol. 104 Issue 13, p7A
The article highlights an open house held at Hemphill Elementary School by the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) to discuss the proposed improvements to State Highway (SH) 21 on June 28, 2007.
- The National Quality Initiative. Tuggle, Donald // Public Roads;Winter94, Vol. 57 Issue 3, p33
Focuses on the National Quality Initiative (NQI) for highway engineering and operations in the United States. Demonstration project on Quality Management; Early NQI activities; Overall objectives of the NQI; Process for the development of state-level quality initiative; Role of the Federal...
- Swedish representatives meet with FHWA. // Public Roads;Winter94, Vol. 57 Issue 3, p37
Reports that Swedish Road Administration officials met with US Federal Highway Administration representatives to discuss their Intelligent Vehicle-Highway Systems research work and view electronic toll collection in Atlanta, Georgia.
- New research. // Public Roads;Summer95, Vol. 59 Issue 1, p47
Features research studies as reported by the Federal Highway Administration's (FHWA) Office of Research and Development. Includes highway safety information management; Evaluation of rigid pavements; Long-term pavement performance evaluation.
- Untitled. // Roads & Bridges;Sep97, Vol. 35 Issue 9, p22
Features some dignitaries of the road construction industry who attended the ceremonial opening of the Demo `97 in San Diego, California, a congressionally mandated event which demonstrate the applications of automated highway system (AHS) technology.
- Sound barriers double as art along Louisiana's I-10. // Concrete Products;Oct2003, Vol. 106 Issue 10, pPC20
Reports on the construction of sound barriers along Interstates 10 and 12 in New Orleans, Louisiana. Construction materials used; Description of the finished project.
- Highway group cuts budget. // Traffic World;12/15/97, Vol. 252 Issue 11, p16
States that the American Highway Users Alliance has reduce its budget as well as its staff as a result of reductions in funds from its largest contributor, the American Automobile Manufacturers Association. Statistical information on the reductions; How the loss was offset.
- UP govt. to bolster highway network. // Commercial Vehicle;Aug2013, Vol. 7 Issue 11, p33
The article reports on the decision of Uttar Pradesh government of India to upgrade 19 state highways at an estimated expenditure of 12,000 crore rupees.