Southwestern States Struggle With Budget Cuts, Shortfalls
- BBVA ANTICIPATES BRIEF RECESSION, SUMMER 2002 RECOVERY. // Caribbean Business;11/15/2001, Vol. 29 Issue 46, p62
Presents a forecast on the economic condition in Puerto Rico. Increase in unemployment rate; Reduction in government revenues; Signs of stabilization on summer 2002.
- As State Revenues Fall, More Spending Proposals. // Fairfield County Business Journal;5/13/2013, Vol. 49 Issue 19, p27
The article offers information on a state report which shows an expected decline in the revenue for fiscal year 2014 by $259 million and $229 million for 2015 due to projected weaker sales tax and personal income receipts in Connecticut.
- GOVERNING.com. // Governing;Dec2008, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p4
The article discusses various reports published within the electronic journal "Governing.com/Extras," including one on revenue trends and another on the economic forecast of Rhode island by economist Andres Carbacho-Burgos.
- Hurdles Still Exist. // Africa Monitor: North Africa Monitor;Aug2002, Vol. 7 Issue 8, p2
Focuses on the economic outlook in Morocco. Effect of the problems in the liberalization process on the economic development of the country; Opposition to the privatization of Saudi Corral Holding; Factors affecting government revenues.
- ARKANSAS: A Rosy Revenue Outlook. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;4/26/2011, Vol. 376 Issue 33506, p7
The article reports on the forecasts that Arkansas revenue in fiscal 2011 will increase, with 2012 revenue providing a small surplus at the end of fiscal year.
- OMAN. // MEED: Middle East Economic Digest;1/7/2015, Vol. 59 Issue 1, p22
The article reports on the economic performance of Oman as of January 1, 2015 impacting on public spending, oil prices and budget revenues.
- Golden opportunity. Hazelton, Scott // International Construction;Dec2006, Vol. 45 Issue 10, p12
The article presents an economic forecasting conducted by Global Insight for several countries for 2007. It points that Middle East will poise a period of accelerating growth and infrastructure will continue as the leading segment. Meanwhile, Egypt will continue to expand on the strength of...
- Integrators Forecast Much-Improved Industry Performance in 2010. // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Jan2010, Vol. 40 Issue 1, p18
The article offers information on the expectation of integrators on the 2010 security revenues in their respective areas as compared to the revenues in 2009.
- Report: Wisconsin Faces Deficit Of $2.6 Billion in Next Biennium. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;11/21/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31518, p3
Reports on the revised revenue estimates released in Wisconsin. Deficit forecasts in the estimates; Tax collections in the state for the year 2002; Steps to be taken by the state to avoid tax increase.