Piper Leaves Bancorp Nest
- Mortgage Earnings Help Boost Big Bank Stocks. // National Mortgage News;10/7/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 3, p12
Cites a report of U.S. Bancorp Piper Jaffray Inc. stating that consumer banking business supports investments banking business at large commercial banks. Significance of demand for capital spending in investment banking business; Banks that might beat Wall Street earnings estimated for the...
- Piper Jaffray chief shuns tech concerns for `value'. Johnsson, Julie // Crain's Chicago Business;04/17/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 16, p12
Announces the appointment of Daniel Donoghue as co-head of the middle-market mergers and acquisitions group at investment bank, U.S. Bancorp Piper Jaffray. Duties and responsibilities of the Chicago, Illinois-based executive; Career background; Major accomplishments; Recap of management...
- Hiring Boom In---What Else?--Healthcare. Santini, Laura // Investment Dealers' Digest;9/8/2003, Vol. 69 Issue 34, p10
Reports on investment banking opportunities in the health care sector. Increase in mergers and acquisitions; Lehman Brothers Inc.'s appointment of Merrill Lynch & Co. health care co-chief Casey Safreno to head its unit; U.S. Bancorp Piper Jaffray's need to make a counter offer to its health care...
- Date Change in Spinoff of Piper Jaffray. // American Banker;9/19/2003, Vol. 168 Issue 181, p18
U.S. Bancorp announced on Thursday that the spinoff of U.S. Bancorp Piper Jaffray Inc. to U.S. Bancorp shareholders will not happen until December because of what a spokesman said were regulatory issues. The Minneapolis, Minnesota-based company originally announced that it expected the spin off...
- NASD Fines Piper Jaffray, Director. Ring, Niamh // American Banker;6/26/2002, Vol. 167 Issue 122, p20
Reports on the fine imposed by the National Association of Securities Dealers Inc. on U.S. Bancorp Piper Jaffray Inc. and one of its managing directors, Scott Beardsley due to irregularities in investment banking practices. Allegations against Beardsley and Jaffray; Amount fined by the National...
- Morgan chases right formula. Fredrickson, Tom // Crain's New York Business;10/13/2003, Vol. 19 Issue 41, p1
A year ago, bankers at J.P. Morgan Chase & Co. were depressed. Moody's Investors Service Inc. had downgraded its long-term debt to A1. The bank's share price had sunk so low that the entire institution was worth less than what Chase paid for J.P. Morgan in December 2000. And to top it off, there...
- U.S. Bancorp Adds 2 Southwest Bankers and a Senior Trader. Walker, Susanne // Bond Buyer;10/21/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31744, p7
Reports on the hiring of bankers and senior trader by the U.S. Bancorp Piper Jaffray Inc. of its municipal business in the Southwest and institutional tax-exempt trading group in the U.S. Duties and responsibilities; Career profile of the executives; Company background.
- U.S. Bancorp Piper Jaffray Starting Hotel Financing Group. Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;7/24/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31187, p32
Reports on U.S. Bancorp Piper Jaffray Inc.'s establishment of a hotel financing group. Employees that will be hired by the company; Increase of tax-exempt financing for hotels.
- Triple-A Scottsdale, Ariz., Goes to Market with GO, Refunding Offerings. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;4/29/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31375, p31
Reports the sale of general obligation bonds of general obligation (GO) debt in Scottsdale, Arizona. Amount of the outstanding GO debt; Supervision of the U.S. Bancorp Piper Jaffray on the selling of the GO bond; Bond sales in the city.