Colorado Dems Counter GOP Trans Bill with $18.8B Plan
- Owens going to 'War on Debt'. Brown, Nathan // Adirondack Daily Enterprise;4/29/2010, Vol. 117 Issue 101, p1
The article reports on the move of Representative Bill Owens to introduce "War on Debt" act allowing the people to buy 10,000 dollars 30-year bond that would be used to pay national debt in New York.
- Colorado passes stronger anti-steering bill. Greenberg, Lisa // Automotive Body Repair News;Aug2003, Vol. 42 Issue 8, p8
Reports that Governor Bill Owens has signed the House Bill 1253, the legislation that proposes to strenghten the state's anti-steering stance in Colorado. Improvement of the state's existing anti-steering stature; Issues on glass replacement steering; Aim of the bill to safeguard the public...
- Colorado returns money. // State Government News;Aug99, Vol. 42 Issue 6, p8
Deals with the signing of bills, mostly about tax cuts, by Colorado Governor Bill Owens on June 4, 1999. Description of some of the tax cut bills.
- NORTH CAROLINA: Bill Aims to Cap Authority. Temple-West, Patrick // Bond Buyer;2/24/2011, Vol. 375 Issue 33472, p9
The article reports on the introduction of a bill that would limit North Carolina's bonding authority to 138.5 million U.S. dollars in fiscal 2012 and 2013 by Representative Bill Owens.
- Travel watchdog one step closer. // Professional Engineering;12/13/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 23, p5
Reports on the proposed legislative bill that would create a regulatory body which will oversee the safety of any type of transportation in Great Britain.
- Few file transportation filings, arguments. McCutcheon, Ron // Inside Tucson Business;2/11/2002, Vol. 11 Issue 47, p1
Reports on the limited number of responses and comments on Proposition 100 and Proposition 400, proposed transportation legislation in Arizona. Provisions of the legislative proposals; Deadline to file arguments.
- Keep It in the Classroom. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;2/28/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32328, p31
The article discusses the plans of U.S. Representative Michael Merrifield of introducing a legislation requiring the state's school districts to spend 75 percent of operating funds in the classroom, including food service and salaries for principals and counselors. The initiative was supported...
- Colorado Lawmakers Lobbying For More Transportation Funds. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;2/7/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31320, p1
Reports that Colorado legislators are lobbying for Governor Bill Owens' $20.3 billion spending plan for transportation. Details about the transportation bill; Criticism of Owens' spending plan; Plans of Senate Democrats to unveil their own transportation plan.
- Voters to Take Up Spending Limits. Hurst, Marianne D. // Education Week;6/22/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 41, p24
The article focuses on various issues related to the K-12 education budget. The 2005 legislative session was relatively quiet on the subject of K-12 education, despite tension over changes to the state's school accountability system between Colorado Governor Bill Owens, a Republican, and the...