N.J. Senate OKs Bill Allowing Taxable Debt for Unfunded Pension Liability
- House Committee Approves Major W.C. System Reform Bill That Has 'Unprecedented' Coalition Support. // Insurance Advocate;2/25/2002, Vol. 113 Issue 8, p22
Reports on the approval of a bill to bring major reform to the workers' compensation system of Florida by the House Insurance Committee.
- Bill seeks to end pension bias. // Asian Pacific Post;6/25/2009, p13
The article reports on the introduction of a bill in the Canadian parliament to end discrimination against Indian and other non-white immigrants regarding old-age benefits.
- `Source tax' law doesn't close issue. DeMarco, Peter // Crain's Cleveland Business;7/08/96, Vol. 17 Issue 28, p17
Focuses on the State Taxation of Pension Income Act which intends to clarify whether states are allowed to tax distributions from retirement plans based on residence during employment. Definition of `source tax'; Focus of the law on `qualified' plans and certain `non-qualified deferred...
- Protecting your retirement plan for unnecessary taxation. Beadell III, Henry A. // Indianapolis Business Journal;6/13/94, Vol. 15 Issue 11, Employee Benefits... p9B
Presents options on how to protect retirement plan from unnecessary taxation. Using plan assets during lifetime; Leaving plan dollars to heirs; Conservative assumptions about future inflation, interest and tax rates.
- Taxation of qualified plans. Rubin, John // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);7/17/95, Vol. 42 Issue 29, p49
Looks at taxation on qualified plans or pensions. Example of worst case scenario of taxation illustrated.
- Your pension plan and IRAs are worthless. Blackman, Irving // Contractor Magazine;Jul93, Vol. 40 Issue 7, p51
Gives financial advice on dealing with income in respect of a decadent (IRD). Qualified-employee-benefit plans; IRD-avoidance concept; Tax traps.
- Missouri Hikes Taxes $160 Million To Finance Refunds to Pensioners. N. M. // Education Week;8/2/1989, Vol. 8 Issue 40, p16
The article reports that the governor of Missouri has signed legislation raising state taxes by $160 million to finance income tax refunds owed to federal retirees. Missouri is one of an estimated 27 states affected by a U.S. Supreme Court ruling that states that states must tax the pensions of...
- Me-too games fleece taxpayers. Townsend, Alair // Crain's New York Business;10/8/2007, Vol. 23 Issue 41, p13
The article presents the author's views on the legislative bills, passed by the legislators, liberalizing pensions for state and local government employees in the U.S. The author suggests that an independent commission should review trends in the private sector, analyze long-term fiscal...
- The OAS Pension Recovery Tax: What To Do If The Clawback Ain't For You. Ritchie, Colin S. // Canadian MoneySaver;Nov2015, p10
The article focuses on the Old Age Security Pension Recovery Tax clawback of Canada and its impact of income tax including clawback in case of spouse's death, benefit of investments and dividends not suitable earnings for senior citizens.