Miami Intermodal Plan in Jeopardy Due to Uncertain Funding
- With Engineering Savvy, Abreu Pilots Airport Plan. Cho, Aileen // ENR: Engineering News-Record;1/7/2008, Vol. 260 Issue 1, p38
The article presents information on how JosÃ© Abreu, former secretary of the Florida Department of Transportation, reformed Miami International Airport (MIA). According to Max Fajardo, project manager for the South Terminal expansion program, Abreu brought ideas outside of the airport realm....
- Miami Rental Car Facility Rating Upgraded. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;10/6/2015, Vol. 1 Issue 34389, p1
Fitch Ratings upgraded to A from A-minus the ratings on a Florida Department of Transportation TIFIA loan that financed a rental car facility in Miami.
- MIA wins engineering accolades. // Travel Markets Insider Newsletter;5/30/2013, Vol. 15 Issue 28, p4
The article announces recipients of awards from "Engineering News-Record" including Miami International Airport (MIA) North Terminal Development program in the Airports/Ports category, AirportLink MetroRail Extension-Orange Line project and MIA Mover project for merit awards in the rail category.
- Florida Pumps Up CSX. Gallagher, John // Traffic World;8/14/2006, Vol. 270 Issue 33, p36
The article reports on the partnership between the government of Florida and the international transportation company, CSX Corp., to develop the state's transportation system. The State Department of Transportation granted $491 million to CSX for the expansion of its freight capacity in exchange...
- Getting there. // American City & County;Jul2004, Vol. 119 Issue 8, p16
Presents the contracts given to different companies in the U.S. in 2004. Information on the contract given by Cecil County, Maryland, Department of Public Works to Vollmer Associates; Service that will be offered by Harmon to Hillsborough County, Florida, Aviation Authority; Reason of Florida...
- Creative cooperation. McKibben, Nancy // Public Works;Jun2008, Vol. 139 Issue 6, p45
The article reports on the plan of the Department of Transportation (DOT) in Florida to build a controlled-access elevated mainline bridge structures or flyovers that allow traffic to travel without stopping for traffic-control devices. The CSX Transportation Inc. (CSXT) has been implementing an...
- Deferred Jobs Preferred In Florida Stimulus Share. Judy, Scott // ENR: Engineering News-Record;3/2/2009, Vol. 262 Issue 7, p16
The article reports that Florida Governor Charlie Crist, believes that the $12.2 billion in federal stimulus funding will help the state with the problems of its state budget and will put many citizens to work. According to the article, because of this, the governor allotted $1.7 billion in...
- In a race with its own rapid growth. Woosley, James P. // Air Transport World;Sep96, Vol. 33 Issue 9, p50
Reports on efforts to keep the Miami International Airport in Florida as the `Hub of the Americas.' Growth in freight traffic; Building of traffic between Europe and South America via Miami; Majority of traffic as business-related rather than for leisure; Projections on the airport's growth.
- MIA's COMMERCIAL PROGRAM AWARDED. // Travel Markets Insider Newsletter;8/13/2009, Vol. 12 Issue 24, p2
The article announces that the Miami International Airport (MIA) has received the Commercial Service Airport of the Year award from the Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT).