Non-Manufacturing ISM Index Surges
- ISM Report on Business Slides to 50.9 in June. Yong Lim // Bond Buyer;8/2/2011, Vol. 377 Issue 33558, p2
The article presents the monthly manufacturing business report of the U.S. Institute for Supply Management (ISM) which reveals a decrease of its index from 55.3 in June 2011 to 50.9 in July 2011.
- ISM Non-Mfg Index Dips To 54.8 in September. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;10/4/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32727, p2
The article focuses on the services index reported by the Institute for Supply Management in the U.S. The not-for-profit organization's non-manufacturing business activity composite index was above expectations at 54.8 in September 2007, down from 55.8 in August on a seasonally adjusted basis....
- ISM Non-Mfg Index at 49.3, Up From January's 44.6. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;3/6/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32830, p2
The article reports on the increase in the composite index of the Institute for Supply Management's non-manufacturing business activity in the U.S. for 2008. The index rose to 49.3 in February from 44.6 in January, on a seasonally adjusted basis. Economists states that an index reading below 50...
- ISM Index Gains To 63.6 in Jan. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;2/3/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31813, p2
Reports that the Institute for Supply Management index increased to 63.6 in January 2004 from a downwardly revised 63.4 in December 2003 in the U.S.
- February ISM Index at 48.3; Off From 50.7 in January. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;3/4/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32828, p2
The article focuses on the Institute for Supply Management (ISM) report which revealed a decreased rate of the ISM index in the U.S. in 2008. According to the report, the index slid down to 48.3 in February from 50.7 in January. The manufacturing sector failed to increase as the Purchasing...
- Economy Keeps Its Momentum. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;3/9/2015, pB02
5 Manufacturing pulled back in Feb., as expected, but with evidence of a rebound to follow the Pacific port labor agreement. The services sector rose 0.2 point in ISM's Feb. index, stronger than expected. Wage growth and spending were strong in Jan., the Labor Dept. said. Jobs were the standout...
- Watchdog's tough line on bonds. // Money Marketing;4/3/2003, p5
Reports on the British Financial Ombudsman Service's plans to handle complaints from investors who lost money through investments in index-linked income bonds.
- Total Return Fixed Annuities Are Not EIAs. Howard, Lee // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;9/11/2000, Vol. 104 Issue 37, p31
Compares total return fixed annuities with equity indexed annuities. Similarities and differences; Reason for the confusion over them; Advantages of total return fixed annuities.
- Yields Narrowly Mixed Amid Shifts in Tone. Scarchilli, Michael // Investment Dealers' Digest;6/25/2010, Vol. 76 Issue 24, p9
The article reports on the Bond Buyer's weekly yield indexes which were narrowly mixed and got the highest weekly average since the week ended April 15, 2010, when it was 5.20%.