Adhesive Capsulitis of the Shoulder: A Systematic Review of the Effectiveness of Intra-Articular Corticosteroid Injections
- The Effects of Dexamethasone on the Histology and Histochemistry of Thyroid Gland in Female Rabbits. Shaya, Khalida I. // Iraqi Journal of Medical Sciences;2011, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p209
Background The adverse effects of corticosteroids are widely recognized but there are few qualitative data on which they adversely act on the tissue of thyroid gland, in this paper we scrutinize how these corticosteroids affect the thyroid tissues. Objective To investigate the histological and...
- Cutaneous Manifestations of Endocrine Disorders. Levin, Nikki A.; Greer, Kenneth E. // Dermatology Nursing;Jun2001, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p185
Discusses the major causes, clinical manifestations, laboratory workup and treatment of most common endocrine diseases. Diabetes mellitus; Hypothyroidism; Hyperthyroidism; Hypercorticolism; Adrenocortical insufficiency.
- ENDOCRINE DISORDERS. // MPR - Physician Assistants' Edition;Winter2013/2014, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p62
The article offers information on various drugs for the treatment of endocrine disorders including corticosteroid-responsive disorders, diabetes, and hypogonadism. The drugs mentioned include Orapred from Concordia, Actoplus Met from Takeda, and Androderm from Actavis. Furthermore, the...
- SECTION 6: ENDOCRINE SYSTEM. // Physician Assistants' Prescribing Reference;Fall2011, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p110
The article offers information on several drugs for treating and preventing diseases in the endocrine system including diabetes, thyroid diseases, and hypergonadism. It says that Actos from Takeda is an addition to diet and exercise in type 2 diabetes. It states that Levothroid from Forest is...
- ENDOCRINE DISORDERS. // Physician Assistants' Prescribing Reference;Spring2013, Vol. 20 Issue 1, p64
The article presents information on various endocrine disorders and medicines including CortefÂ® Pfizer for corticosteroid-responsive disorders, Dexamethasone for steroid-responsive disorders, and Apidra Sanofi Aventis for diabetes.
- ENDOCRINE SYSTEM. // Physician Assistants' Prescribing Reference;Summer2012, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p114
Information regarding dosage, warnings and adverse reactions on several drugs for antidiabetic agents are provided, including, Amaryl, Capoten and Diabeta.
- Purtscher retinopathies: Are we aiming at the wrong target? Yusuf, I H; Watson, S-L // Eye;Jun2013, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p783
A letter to the editor is presented in response to the article "Systematic review of Purtscher's and Purtscher-like retinopathies," by A.I. Miguel and colleagues.
- Prevalence of esophageal candidiasis among patients treated with inhaled fluticasone propionate Kanda, Naoki; Yasuba, Hirotaka; Takahashi, Teruko; Mizuhara, Yuka; Yamazaki, Syuji; Imada, Yuko; Izumi, Yoshio; Kobayashi, Yoshiki; Yamashita, Kenzo; Kita, Hideo; Tamada, Takashi; Chiba, Tsutomu // American Journal of Gastroenterology;Oct2003, Vol. 98 Issue 10, p2146
: ObjectivesDevelopment of oropharyngeal candidiasis is a frequently reported adverse effect of inhaled corticosteroid use, but the prevalence of esophageal candidiasis is unknown. The aim of this study was to estimate the prevalence of esophageal candidiasis among patients treated with an...
- Cutaneous Atrophy Secondary to Intra-articular Corticosteroid Administration. Cassidy, James T.; Bole, Giles G. // Annals of Internal Medicine;Nov66, Vol. 65 Issue 5, p1008
Presents information on a study which observed cutaneous atrophy at the site of intra-articular injection of corticosteroid in patients. Methods; Results; Discussion.