More Opposition to DWR
- France in trouble over EU procurement rules. Jones, Simon // Utility Week;11/1/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 18, p14
Reports on the threat of the European Commission to sue France over public procurement rules governing the buying of goods and services by utilities. Directives on public procurement; Regulations in France.
- Signalling spend set to triple. Miles, Tony // Modern Railways;Nov2005, Vol. 62 Issue 686, p48
Examines the signaling investments in Great Britain in 2005. Signaling procurement strategy of Network Rail; Amount of time signaling assets in service; Involvement of Alstom in the West Coast Route Modernization project. INSETS: RESIGNALLING UNDER THE PPP;MAKING SIGNALS EASIER TO SEE.
- Council backs move to cut red tape. // Utility Week;10/11/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 15, p14
Reports on the approval by the European Union Council of Ministers of revamped public procurement procedures in October 2002. Background of the proposed utilities directive; Benefits from the directive.
- Shop stewarding. Wood, Janet // Utility Week;11/30/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 8, p39
The article examines the implications of the effort of the European Commission to ease the implementation of procurement rules for utilities. Procurement rules are enforced in most European countries. The Commission has identified three key weaknesses with the enforcement rules and proposed...
- You Get What You Pay For ... So Know What You Are Buying. Williams, John F. // WaterWorld;Jun2000, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p26
Discusses function and cost efficiency considerations when planning to construct or improve municipal water and waste water systems. Option of privatization and reengineering of publicly operated facilities; Informed buying to secure best results from public or private sectors; Design-bid-build...
- France in dock over breaches in procurement. // Utility Week;2/13/2004, Vol. 21 Issue 7, p12
Looks at the challenge faced by France's public procurement rules for utilities at the European Court of Justice by the European Commission under public procurement law. Details of the case; Application of the rules, according to the Commission; Complaints given by the Commission to France...
- Governor prods PUC to push deregulation. Gibbons, Valerie // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;5/7/2004, Issue 323240, p1
Reports that governor Arnold Schwarzenegger is calling on the Public Utilities Commission to step up its effort to revive the wholesale energy market in California. Reconstruction of the tattered electricity regulatory scheme; Aim of the legislative compromise to phase out the state's...
- Overcoming Conceptual and Practical Hurdles to Market-Based Discovery of Prices for Utility Procurements from Rooftop Solar Systems. Lavey, Warren Q. // Tulane Environmental Law Journal;Summer2012, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p289
Various state government programs seek to stimulate deployments of solar power systems on rooftops of residential, commercial, municipal and other facilities. All of these programs grapple with the fundamental economics of such power: generally, the cost of electricity from rooftop solar...
- MLGW Eliminates Long Lead Times. Simon, Jason // Transmission & Distribution World;Jan2014, Vol. 66 Issue 1, p54
The article discusses how utility Memphis Light, Gas and Water Division (MLGW) in Tennessee eliminated long lead times through strategic alliances. Topics discussed include reasons why it previously took the utility a long time to place an order for a power transformer, benefits of establishing...