Honeywell: Smart Buildings to Meet 20% of Electricity Demand by 2020
- Demand forecast programme. // Energy Management News;Dec2013, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p4
The article offers tips on how to develop a demand forecast scheme of power stations. Recommendations in creating the program include studying the demand flows, creating demand and supply model, and using diverse forecast models. Moreover, flowcharts showing the different steps in creating the...
- PRB Coal Users' Group grapples with supply chain challenges. Peltier, Robert // Power;Jun2007, Vol. 151 Issue 6, p53
The article underlines how the Powder River Basin Coal Users' Group (PRBCUG) in Chicago, Illinois is dealing with supply chain challenges. It is noted that consumption of Powder River Basin coal continues to expand, from 28 million tons yearly in the mid-1970s to what is now 400 million tons per...
- MARKETPLACE AND DATA. // Energy User News;Jan2005, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p21
Presents tabular representations of data related to energy consumption in the U.S. as of January 2005.
- A method to evaluate the energy consumption of suburban neighborhoods. Marique, Anne-Fran�oise; Reiter, Sigrid // HVAC&R Research;Feb2012, Vol. 18 Issue 1/2, p88
Energy use in buildings, transportation systems, and lighting networks represents a significant contribution to the overall energy consumption in urban and suburban areas. This article presents a method to evaluate the energy consumption of suburban neighborhoods from these three points of view,...
- Electronic Resources Change the Job of Managing Energy. Fetters, John // Energy User News;Jul2003, Vol. 28 Issue 7, p10
Focuses on various web sites on management of energy resources. Web address of the federal energy management program; Web sites of energy control companies on building automation systems.
- Global market's well-spring of choice. // Fund Strategy;4/2/2012, p14
The article offers information on the global energy markets and its demand. It states that the demand is forecast to rise by 45 percent between 2012 and 2035. It mentions that total spending on oil and gas imports will more than double from 1.2 trillion dollars in 2010 to 2.6 trillion dollars in...
- Supplying and Demanding Energy in Industrial Part. Mohagheghzadeh, Fatemeh; Mohagheghzadeh, Faegheh; Samadpour, Sima // Advances in Environmental Biology;2014 Special issue 4, Vol. 8 Issue 9, p345
Background: The basis of industry in the world is very vast and diverse and it includes stages such as: abundant production, extraction, building and other actions that finally changes raw materials to final products. As a whole, one third of energy that is used all over the world is used at...
- Thoughts on Long-Term Energy Supplies: Scientists and the Silent Lie. Bartlett, Albert A. // Physics Today;Jul2004, Vol. 57 Issue 7, p53
Comments on the articles "The Energy Challenge" and "Meeting Energy Challenges: Technology and Policy," which appeared in the April 2002 issue of "Physics Today." Forecast on the rise in the world's total annual energy consumption between 1999 and 2020; Role played by population growth in the...
- Heat Turns Up The Need for Conserving Electricity. Miller, Tom // San Diego Business Journal;7/25/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 30, p42
Focuses on the issues involving the supply of energy in California. Attribution of a rebound in economy on requiring more power to sustain the city; Prediction of new power demand records during the summer season; Initiation of power contracts that shifts financial risks away from ratepayers.