Achieving Net Zero Requires Innovative Thinking
- Time is right for green-commissioning event. // Heating/Piping/Air Conditioning Engineering;Mar2008, Vol. 80 Issue 3, p5
The author reflects on the first Commissioning Green Buildings (CGB) Conference and Expo sponsored by HPAC Engineering held on October 21-22 in Las Vegas, Nevada. He stated that excellent networking opportunities, cutting-edge educational sessions and an exposition featuring the latest green...
- How to beat stadium shivers. Carson, Mary Kay // Science World;12/8/95, Vol. 52 Issue 7, p8
Reports on the availability of microwavable heat-keeping products. Utilization of phase change materials; Popularity of the products to consumers.
- Most rugged storage device? Teresko, John; Stevens, Tim // Industry Week/IW;3/21/94, Vol. 243 Issue 6, p69
Describes SunDisk Corp.'s Gold Card, a heat storage device that could be used to download data to the control system.
- Green buildings: Proof is in the performance. // Architecture New Zealand;Mar/Apr2012, Issue 2, p49
The article presents the author's views on the performance and ratings of green buildings of New Zealand and also offers an effective analysis of its long-term results. The country's Green Building Council's (NZGBC) Green Star rating tool for rating the performance of green buildings of the...
- DON'T MISS GREENBUILD 2004! Hucal, Michelle Clark // Environmental Design & Construction;Sep/Oct2004, Vol. 7 Issue 7, p6
Talks about the upcoming Greenbuild 2004 conference to be held at the Oregon Convention Center in Portland, Oregon. Keynote speakers; Topics to be addressed; Activities planned for the conference; Contact information.
- WHITAKER BUILDING HELPS PREPARE FUTURE DESIGNERS. // Environmental Design & Construction;Sep/Oct2004, Vol. 7 Issue 7, p14
Reports that students from the Savannah College of Art and Design in Georgia have visited the historic Whitetaker Building, a Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) registered project. Use of LEED guidelines by design firms around the U.S. to create sustainable buildings; Benefits...
- Green gang. Samuels, Michael H. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);8/29/2008, Vol. 55 Issue 42, p9A
The article presents the county buildings identified by Suffolk County Executive Steve Levy to undergo sustainable green makeover. It states that the buildings will be refurbished with green energy devices. It includes the Probations Building and Fire Academy in Yaphank, and the Surrogates Court...
- A Comparison Study on the Greenery Design Policies for Green Building to the Traditional Chinese Fengshui Issues. Shih-Chung Lu; Jwo-Hua Chen; Daniil Kashitskiy // Advanced Materials Research;2014, Issue 1051, p711
The greenery policy in the green building design concept is an important topic and it also plays the significant role of natural protection and CO2 reduction to the environment. In Taiwan, the good policy is not yet a popular one, because some special reasons are existed really. Behind this...
- That's My Property! Marshal, Ryan L.; Shurtz, Steven P. // Environmental Design & Construction;Nov2010, Vol. 13 Issue 11, p82
The article focuses on the consideration of patent laws during the practice of constructing green technology buildings. It mentions the two types of patent in building green technologies which include design patent focusing on the protection of ornamental appearance and utility patent covering...