Test sets mimic cells for LTE handover test
- Data Voice Tango. // Voice & Data;Mar2012, Vol. 19 Issue 3, p160
The article discusses the benefits and challenges associated with the deployment of Voice over Long-Term Evolution (VoLTE) technology. It mentions that such technology manages the issue of simultaneous unavailability of both data and voice services on the same network. It notes that some form of...
- Roaming support for LTE. // Telecom Asia;Oct2010, Vol. 21 Issue 8, p20
The article recounts the attempt of CSL Ltd. to employ the information processing exchange (IPX) to support long-term evolution (LTE) roaming.
- Aicent intros diameter service for 4G roaming. // WiMAX Monthly Newsletter;May2012, Vol. 22 Issue 5, p6
The article reports that mobile data network provider Aicent has launched its Diameter Routing Service designed to help mobile operators to seamlessly establish Long-Term Evolution (LTE) roaming interconnectivity services.
- LTE roaming: the voice dilemma. Gabriel, Caroline // Telecom Asia;Feb/Mar2012, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p16
An excerpt from the article regarding the conventional voice support solutions for long-term evolution (LTE) roaming and fallback is presented.
- FAST TALKERS. IOZZIO, CORINNE // Popular Science;Mar2011, Vol. 278 Issue 3, p34
The article offers brief information on several devices using Verizon's Long-Term Evolution (LTE) network, including a 4G-Enabled Galaxy Tablet by Samsung, Motorola's Droid Bionic 4G mobile device, and Novatel Wireless' 4G LTE MiFi 4510 wireless device.
- Verizon Launches 4G LTE in Poughkeepsie. // Modem Users News;Jan2012, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p7
The article reports on the launch by Verizon Wireless of its 4G Long Term Evolution (LTE) high-speed data network for customers in the Poughkeepsie-Kingston area in New York. Customers in the area will be able to surf the Web, download large files, and share music and photos at speeds up to ten...
- Not as hard as it looks. Shapiro, Robert C.; Catral, Julius; Jackson, Bryan K. // Urgent Communications;Jan2012, Vol. 30 Issue 1, p24
The article discusses the layering of Long-Term Evolution (LTE) broadband services operating in the 700 MHz band into new or existing Project 25-compliant digital radio systems operating on 700 MHz or 800 MHz airwaves. It discusses the challenges and opportunities with the coming of layered P25...
- China Mobile Research/Anite Collaborate for TD-LTE. // Computer Protocols;Mar2012, Vol. 26 Issue 3, p2
The article announces the signing of a memorandum of understanding (MoU) between China Mobile Research Institute (CMRI) and Anite in collaborating to support a successful commercial LTE service for TD-LTE. Noting that Device Quality Assurance is a high priority for a successful commercial...
- LTE to Reach 592 Million Subscriptions by 2016, Pyramid Finds. // WiMAX Monthly Newsletter;Dec2011, Vol. 21 Issue 12, p8
The article reports that long-term evolution (LTE) will reach 592 million subscriptions by 2016 according to the report "LTE Devices and Applications: Next-generation mobile networks," by Pyramid Research. The report details LTE devices including personal computer (PC) add-ons, smartphones and...