DARPA seeks Further Development of Atmospheric Sampling Technology
- BAE scoops Haw deal. // Supply Management;8/7/2003, Vol. 8 Issue 16, p9
Reports that BAE Systems Inc. has won the controversial contract to build 44 Hawk jet trainers for the British Ministry of Defense in 2003.
- BAe to upgrade Tornado F3s. Morrocco, John D. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;3/11/1996, Vol. 144 Issue 11, p28
Informs that British Aerospace (BAe) has gotten the nod from the British Ministry of Defense to upgrade 100 Royal Air Force Tornado F3 fighters. The ministry dropping an alternative plan to lease used United States F-16s; Size of the contract; Features of the upgrade including making the...
- News. // Military Technology;2009, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p141
The article offers news briefs related to defense industry in the U.S. Force Dynamics LLC was awarded a contract for two CHEETAH lightweight, high mobility Production Representative Vehicles (PRV) as part of the Army Tank-Automotive and Armament Command (TACOM). Meggit Fluid Controls has a won a...
- BAE Nabs $40M FBI Order for Infosec Risk Assessment. // TR2: Terror Response Technology Report;9/29/2010, Vol. 6 Issue 20, p21
The article reports on a 40-million-U.S. contract received by BAE Systems from the U.S. Federal Bureau Investigation (FBI) to provide information security risk assessments.
- U.S. National Geospatial Agency to zoom in on Yemen, Somalia. // Geo-Strategy Direct;9/29/2010, p5
The article reports that the U.S. Defense Department has awarded a contract for the National Geospatial Agency to BAE Systems PLC for an analysis of Somalia and Yemen to enhance their satellite intelligence operations, which is threatened by Al Qaida insurgencies. It reveals that the department...
- BAE-Lockheed Martin Sign Support Services Agreement For Life Of F-35. // Defense Daily;7/25/2006, Vol. 231 Issue 14, p2
The article reports on an agreement signed by BAE Systems and Lockheed Martin LMT defining how F-35 support services will be provided in Great Britain through the life of the F-35 Lightning II program. BAE, as a principal team member, will take the lead in providing sustainment activities there...
- Bae Systems Case Study: Operating amidst defense spending cuts. // Bae Systems Case Study: Operating Amidst Defense Spending Cuts;2012, p1
The article presents a case study of the operation of BAE Systems PLC amidst defense spending cuts in Great Britain. The company looks for alternative revenue streams from other governments given the spending cuts announced by the British and American militaries to sustain sales. It hires LEK...
- BAE comes to the defense of US Marines. // Engineer (00137758);8/22/2005, Vol. 293 Issue 7682, p10
Reports on the plans of BAE Systems PLC to develop a new vehicle armor for the U.S. Marine Corps. Winning of a three-year contract from the Naval Office of Research to look into how electromagnetic armor (EMA) can be combined with other weapon to protect ground vehicles better; Advancement of...
- GOOD COP, BAD COP. Cook, Nick // Interavia Business & Technology;Apr2001, Vol. 56 Issue 652, p4
Comments on BAE Systems' complaints over the British Ministry of Defense's policies on awarding defense contracts. Call for an overhaul of the system for awarding defense contracts; Changes that have occurred in the aircraft industry since the mid-1980s.