NSF Soliciting for Algorithms for Threat Detection
- Algorithm targets NSF proposals. // R&D Magazine;Jan2006, Vol. 48 Issue 1, p39
This article offers information on an algorithm invented by a team of college students from several universities in the U.S. that can assign the best possible proposals to dozens of different reviewers within seconds, as of January 2006. Annually, more than 40,000 grant applications are received...
- Embedded processor optimizes feature-extraction algorithms. Wilson, Andrew // Vision Systems Design;Jul2011, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p14
The article features EFFEX, a multicore processor designed to increase the speed of feature-extraction algorithms by Silvio Savarese and his colleagues at the University of Michigan, supported by the National Science Foundation (NSF) and the Gigascale Systems Research Center (GSRC). With the use...
- National Science Foundation Summer Field Institute for Rescue Robots for Research and Response (R4). Murphy, Robin R. // AI Magazine;Summer2004, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p133
Fifteen scientists from six universities and five companies were embedded with a team of search and rescue professionals from the Federal Emergency Management Agency's Indiana Task Force 1 in August 2003 at a demolished building in Lebanon, Indiana. The highly realistic 27-hour exercise enabled...
- Virtualization of the Lab. Studt, Tim // Laboratory Equipment;Jan2012, Vol. 48 Issue 9, p6
The article discusses the author's views on logical progression and ways to advance the laboratory with virtualization processes in computing and algorithmic technologies. He cites the initiative called Science Across Virtual Institutes created by the National Science Foundation (NSF) that...
- National Pilot Program Facilitates Kidney Paired-Donation Transplants. // Journal of Applied Sciences;2011, Vol. 11 Issue 5, p912
No abstract available.
- NSF Issues Call for Nominations for 2010 Vannevar Bush Award. // Washington Letter of Oceanography;9/21/2009, Vol. 43 Issue 19, p4
The article announces that the U.S. National Science Foundation (NSF) is seeking nominations for the 2010 Vannevar Bush Award with the rules on nomination downloadable at the NSF website at www.nsf.gov/nsb/awards/bush.jsp and deadline for nominations is on November 4, 2009
- NSF TO GET WORLD'S LARGEST NON-MILITARY SUPERCOMPUTER. // Mainframe Computing;Oct2000, Vol. 13 Issue 10, p4
Focuses on the selection of Compaq Computer Corp. and Pittsburgh Supercomputing Center by the National Science Foundation to build and manage the world's largest non-military supercomputer.
- The National Science Foundation and undergraduate education. Warren, Peter N.; Zucher, Rita // Academic Questions;Summer98, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p79
Presents information on the National Science Foundation (NSF). Original mission of the foundation; Move of the NSF to meet its educational goals; Budget allocations of NSF.
- Arts education and the NEA: Does the National Science Foundation point the way? Fowler, C. // Design for Arts in Education;Mar/Apr90, Vol. 91 Issue 4, p7
Discusses the National Science Foundation's approach to education and support of the work of scientists and comparable system for the National Endowment for the Arts. Science politically and economically necessary and artists usually self-supporting; NEA's and NSF's mandate in education; Role...