GD Nabs $86M Task Order to Provide IA and Cyber Security to DIA
- General Dynamics To Develop And Demo Computer Network Defense System For Canadian Defense Department. // Defense Daily International;10/10/2013, p3
The article informs that a contract has been awarded to General Dynamics (GD) Canada to develop an automated computer-network defense capability to enhance security of the Canadian Department of National Defense's (DND) networks. It is noted that under the contract, GD will develop and integrate...
- GD Unit Teams with Bivio Networks on Cyber Defenses. // Defense Daily;8/17/2010, Vol. 247 Issue 33, p5
The article informs that Advanced Information Systems unit of General Dynamics (GD) has partnered with Bivio Networks to deliver cybersecurity solutions for the public and private sectors of the U.S. Elan Amir, president and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Bivio, said that the firm's expertise...
- General Dynamics, Secure Computing, Offer Firewall For Battlefield Vehicles. // Defense Daily;9/12/2007, Vol. 235 Issue 51, p10
The article reports that General Dynamics Canada and Secure Computing Corp. said they are offering MESHnet Firewall to protect field communications in the same way armor protects vehicles. MESHnet features Secure Computing's first Evaluation Assurance Level 4 common-criteria-certified firewall...
- GD Adds To Broadband Business With Acquisition Of Open Kernel Labs. Biesecker, Calvin // Defense Daily;9/11/2012, Vol. 255 Issue 52, p5
The article reports that General Dynamics Corp. (GD) has acquired Open Kernel Labs Inc. (OK Labs), a designer and provider of software for commercial handheld devices. Chicago, Illinois-based OK Labs' technology provides security in handheld devices that allows users to operate on their secure...
- General Dynamics alters marketing as Europeans focus on F-16 upgrades. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;2/13/1989, Vol. 130 Issue 7, p57
Report that General Dynamics is responding to a shift in European interest in upgrading existing F-16 fleets and moving its marketing efforts away from the new Agile Falcon derivative fighter and offering an update option for older F-16s. Options; Negotiations.
- Belgium will use equipment provided under offset pact to expand industry. // Aviation Week & Space Technology;2/13/1989, Vol. 130 Issue 7, p57
Discusses an F-16 sales offset agreement between General Dynamics and Societe Anonyme Belge De Constructions Aeronautiques (Sabca). New manufacturing equipment will be delivered to a new Sabca facility in Belgium, and General Dynamics will buy aircraft parts made there.
- General Dynamics settlement. Cimini, Michael H. // Monthly Labor Review;Feb91, Vol. 114 Issue 2, p41
Presents highlights of a new three-year agreement between General Dynamics Corp. and negotiators for the Machinists union. Wage increases; Pensions; Benefits; Other terms.
- The price of peace. Wright, L. // Texas Monthly;Feb90, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p94
Discusses the ways in which the end of the cold war is expected to affect General Dynamics, one of America's premier defense contractors, with a division in Fort Worth. The GD culture; Products; History of the company; Participation in corruption; Concentration on defense business; Nonmilitary...
- Layoffs ahead at General Dynamics. // Crain's Detroit Business;8/30/93, Vol. 9 Issue 35, p1
Reports on General Dynamics Land Systems Division in Sterling Heights, Detroit, Michigan's plan of laying off 700 employees nationwide in October 1993. General Dynamics as a tank and armored vehicle maker; Impact of cutbacks in military spending.