Aware Develops Biometric Enrollment Application for DoJ
- CRS rules change close. // Business Travel World;Jul2003, p6
Reports on the progress of the proposed deregulation of rules governing Computer Reservation Systems in the U.S. Support given by the U.S. Justice Department; Proposed changes in the code of conduct; Shortcomings of existing rules.
- Courtyard ADA case results in model res policy. Seal, Kathy // Hotel & Motel Management;10/21/96, Vol. 211 Issue 18, p1
Reports that the US Department of Justice has established a model reservations policy for complying with the Americans With Disabilities Act. Requirement for hotels to deny non-disabled guests rooms which are accessible to disabled people; Assignment of confirmation numbers to reservations;...
- MEET THE NEW ADA. Goldberg, James M. // Corporate Meetings & Incentives;Feb2011, Vol. 30 Issue 2, p14
The article presents information on the impact of published set of accessibility requirements for public accommodations facilities in the hospitality industry proposed by the U.S. Department of Justice. It states the rules which will be effective from early 2012 set standards of reservation...
- CFPB, DOJ Hashing Out Fair-Lending Plan. Davidson, Kate // American Banker;5/7/2012, Vol. 177 Issue 70, p12
Brief information is given about the U.S. Consumer Financial Protection Bureau and Department of Justice's negotiation over how they will litigate fair-lending cases since both agencies are responsible for enforcing the Equal Credit Opportunity Act.
- Capital briefs. Fox, Justin; Seiberg, Jaret // American Banker;12/13/1995, Vol. 160 Issue 239, p2
Reports on capital news. Federal regulators abandoned plans to collect interest rate risk data from banks; Consumer-loan delinquencies up 2%; Federal Reserve Board and Justice Department approve United States Bancorp of Portland, Oregon, deal; More.
- CASINOS GET READY ... New ADA rules on the way. VU, MINH N. // Casino Journal;Dec2010, Vol. 23 Issue 12, p8
The article focuses on the new requirements on casinos for the Title III of the Americans with Disabilities Act relating to guests with disabilities as ordered by the U.S. Department of Justice taking effect on March 15, 2011. The changes of the 2010 Standards include accessible guest rooms,...
- Keycorp's Maine purchase approved. Oppenheim, Sara; Seiberg, Jaret // American Banker;1/24/1995, Vol. 160 Issue 15, p4
Reports on the US Federal Reserve Board's permission for Cleveland, Ohio-based Keycorp's acquisition of Portland, Maine-based Casco Northern Bank. Department of Justice's initial objection to the deal.
- Fleet, cleared for merger with Shawmut, facing Justice Department bias probe. Seiberg, Jaret // American Banker;11/16/1995, Vol. 160 Issue 222, p1
Reports on the Department of Justice's investigation on whether Fleet Financial Group Inc. violated fair-lending laws by charging minorities higher loan origination fees and interest rates. Federal Reserve's approval for Fleet to acquire Shawmut National Corp.; Merger approval indicating a...
- Why Justice Dept. could give Fleet a hard time. Seiberg, Jaret // American Banker;3/15/1995, Vol. 160 Issue 50, p3
Focuses on the differences between the Federal Reserve and the Department of Justice about anti-trust review, in relation to the proposed merger of Fleet Financial Group and Shawmut National Corporation. Merger's effect on the Boston market; Use of the Herfindahl Hirschmann Index; Need for a...