EU Approves Smiths Detection's HI-SCAN 7555 aTiX for EDS
- Broadening of x-ray powder diffraction lines under nonhydrostatic stress. Funamori, Nobumasa; Funamori, Miho // Journal of Applied Physics;7/1/1997, Vol. 82 Issue 1, p142
Studies the effect of nonhydrostaticity on the shape of x-ray powder diffraction lines. Calculation of lattice strain; Uniaxial stress model; Local stress model; Example of calculations for Au; Experimental data for Au; Experimental data for FeO.
- Whispering for x-rays. // R&D Magazine;Oct97, Vol. 39 Issue 11, p11
Focuses on the discovery of a technique made by researchers at the Harvard University, for bending x-ray beams. How the discovery was made; Advantages of using the technique.
- Existence of an incommensurate phase in a Li[sub 2]B[sub 4]O[sub 7] crystal. Zub, E. M. // Physics of the Solid State;Aug97, Vol. 39 Issue 8, p1297
The x-ray diffraction spectra of Li[sub 2]B[sub 4]O[sub 7] single crystals are investigated in the temperature range 80-300 K, and the lattice parameter c is determined in the same temperature range in the presence of a periodically varying temperature field. An incommensurate phase is not...
- X-ray diffraction study of undercooled molten silicon. Kimura, Hidekazu; Watanabe, Masahito; Izumi, Koichi; Hibiya, Taketoshi; Holland-Moritz, Dirk; Schenk, Thomas; Bauchspieß, Karl Rudolf; Schneider, Stephan; Egry, Ivan; Funakoshi, Kenichi; Hanfland, Michael // Applied Physics Letters;1/29/2001, Vol. 78 Issue 5, p604
The short-range order of molten silicon was investigated in a wide temperature range from 1893 K down to 1403 K, corresponding to an undercooling of 290 K. Energy-dispersive x-ray diffraction was used in combination with electromagnetic levitation. The structure factor and the pair correlation...
- Modeling of time resolved x-ray diffraction from laser-shocked crystals. Woolsey, N.C.; Wark, J.C. // Journal of Applied Physics;4/1/1997, Vol. 81 Issue 7, p3023
Discusses the model for time resolved x-ray diffraction from laser-shocked crystals involving a hydrodynamic computer code. Bragg's law; Primary extinction; Square waves; Triangular wave with instantaneous rise; Triangular wave with finite wave front.
- Modulation of Renninger scan intensity: A new x-ray technique to characterize epitaxial structures. Greenberg, B.; Ladell, J. // Applied Physics Letters;2/23/1987, Vol. 50 Issue 8, p436
We have demonstrated a new x-ray diffraction technique to characterize epitaxial structures. It makes use of Renninger scans [Z. Phys. 106, 141ï¿½176 (1937)] in which a crystal is rotated about the normal to a set of diffracting planes while diffraction from those planes is measured. To...
- Kossel Lines in Extremely Asymmetric Diffraction Schemes. Afanas�ev, A. M.; Koval�chuk, M. V.; Chuev, M. A. // JETP Letters;3/25/2001, Vol. 73 Issue 6, p271
It is demonstrated theoretically that the intensity distribution within the Kossel lines in an extremely asymmetric X-ray diffraction scheme has an anomalous shape of a sharp peak exceeding the background intensity by several hundred times. The possibility of experimental observation of this...
- Powder diffraction from compressed molecular hydrogen in a diamond-anvil cell. Besedin, Stanislav P.; Jephcoat, Andrew P. // Applied Physics Letters;7/28/1997, Vol. 71 Issue 4, p470
Describes the x-ray powder diffraction pattern from compressed molecular hydrogen in diamond-anvil cell. Use of image-plate recording techniques to determine structural phase transition; Preparation of sampled cell by hydrogen compression with nickel powder; Implication for direct analysis of...
- Vacancies and interstitial atoms in e...-irradiated germanium. Ehrhart, P.; Zillgen, H. // Journal of Applied Physics;4/1/1999, Vol. 85 Issue 7, p3503
Investigates high purity germanium wafers at low temperatures. Use of x-ray diffraction methods in the investigation; Discussion of the absolute size of the displacements; Differences between the defect patterns.