Ekoloï¿½ki uzgoj Angus goveda
- Becoming a linebreeder. // Dakota Farmer;Feb2011, pBP2
The article offers information on cattle breeding, in which it mentions that the best way to become a linebreeder is to buy a beautiful set of linebred cattle such as the Angus cattle.
- A-A buyers seek sires at Perth. Hunt, Jeremy // Farmers Weekly;2/8/2002, Vol. 136 Issue 6, p31
Focuses on the sale of Aberdeen-Angus bull in Perth, Australia as of February 8, 2002. Increase in the number of bulls purchased; Increase in average prices; Price for Lockerley Kruz, the top-priced Aberdeen-Angus bull owned by Leonard Van Geest.
- Texas Angus breeder crushes conventional wisdom with old-fashioned linebreeding. NEWPORT, ALAN // Southern Farmer (1541-2008);Feb2011, Vol. 10 Issue 2, pBP2
The article offers information on the Irish-strain Woodstone Angus cattle, an old-style linebred cattle, which continues to flourish as a top performer in the cattle breeding history and have acquired high grading and carcass awards since 2004, according to Texas breeder Bill Woods.
- The influence of Charolais and Angus breeding levels on pre-weaning growth performance traits in crossbred calves. Dadi, H.; Schoeman, S. J.; Jordaan, G. F.; Van der Westhuizen, J. // South African Journal of Animal Science;2002, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p201
Data collected on birth and weaning weight traits of beef cattle calves over the period of 1968 to 1992 with varying levels of Angus and Charolais genes, ranging from 0% to 75%, were analysed to determine possible optimum breeding levels for birth weight (BW), weaning weight (WW) and...
- Caution as Aberdeen Angus bids reach 10,000gns. Lawrence, Chrissie // Farmers Weekly;10/24/2008, p26
The article reports on the status of trade for Aberdeen Angus bulls in Scotland, as of October 2008. It states that the trade was somewhat subdued, reflecting the caution shown by most to spend money. According to the article, sale leader was undoubtedly going to be the champion, Bunlahy Bilty...
- Bear Valley: producers of year. WARD, MINDY // Missouri Ruralist;Oct2012, Vol. 152 Issue 10, p59
The article reports on the establishment of the Commercial Producer of the Year program by the Missouri Angus Association, which recognizes the elite breeders and production practices, and the use of Angus genetics as an example of the "Power of Angus."
- Texas Angus breeder crushes conventional wisdom with old-fashioned linebreeding. Newport, Alan // Missouri Ruralist;Feb2011, Vol. 151 Issue 2, pBP2
The article focuses on the linebreed style of Bill Houston, Texas angus cattle breeder Bill Woods which is thrifty on forage and has nail the grid for Certified Angus Beef award.
- Consider milk EPDs an anti-maternal trait. Newport, Alan // Southern Farmer (1541-2008);Feb2013, Vol. 12 Issue 2, pBP7
The article offers the author's insights on the expected progeny differences (EPDs) of Angus breed cattle, which he considers to create a single-trait selection and overemphasize production traits affecting reproduction.
- Top trade sees Perth bulls off to flying start. Powell, Claire; Garner, James // Farmers Weekly;2/7/2003, Vol. 138 Issue 6, p29
Reports on the sale of Aberdeen Angus and Beef Shorthorn in Great Britain in February 2003. Price of Aberdeen Angus; Reaction of officials of both the Angus and Shorthorn breed to the trade.