- Carcass Merits Meet The Functional Cow. SORENSEN, LORETTA // Progressive Farmer;Feb2015, Vol. 130 Issue 2, pB-6
The article offers information on the Certified Angus Beef (CAB) standardization implied by rancher Johnnie Hubach to increase the quality of his beef cattle herd. It states that Hubach implied use of carcass merit along with the genetic study of his herd of cattle to improve the quality of the...
- Angus YouTube: 2 million views and counting. // High Plains Journal;2/17/2014, Vol. 132 Issue 7, p9D
The article focuses on the benefits of social media tools and mobile technologies for Angus breeding in cattle industry.
- A-A buyers seek sires at Perth. Hunt, Jeremy // Farmers Weekly;2/8/2002, Vol. 136 Issue 6, p31
Focuses on the sale of Aberdeen-Angus bull in Perth, Australia as of February 8, 2002. Increase in the number of bulls purchased; Increase in average prices; Price for Lockerley Kruz, the top-priced Aberdeen-Angus bull owned by Leonard Van Geest.
- Becoming a linebreeder. // Dakota Farmer;Feb2011, pBP2
The article offers information on cattle breeding, in which it mentions that the best way to become a linebreeder is to buy a beautiful set of linebred cattle such as the Angus cattle.
- Texas Angus breeder crushes conventional wisdom with old-fashioned linebreeding. NEWPORT, ALAN // Southern Farmer (1541-2008);Feb2011, Vol. 10 Issue 2, pBP2
The article offers information on the Irish-strain Woodstone Angus cattle, an old-style linebred cattle, which continues to flourish as a top performer in the cattle breeding history and have acquired high grading and carcass awards since 2004, according to Texas breeder Bill Woods.
- The right kind. Mitchell, Clifford // High Plains Journal;2/17/2014, Vol. 132 Issue 7, p3D
The article presents information on Angus-based females. It states that cow-calf operations depend on replacement females to a very great extent. It also mentions the features and importance of Angus female, and states that its easy for this breed to adjust in any kind of environment. Angus...
- Productive performance and carcass traits of Nellore x Aberdeen Angus and Nellore x Red Angus heifers under tropical conditions. Andrade Moreira, Paulo Sérgio; Lourenço, Fabio José; Neto, Angelo Polizel; Martins, Lilian Rigatto; Jorge, André Mendes; Machado Neto, Otávio Rodrigues // Revista Colombiana de Ciencias Pecuarias;2015, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p147
Background: Angus breed strains (Black and Red) perform differently under tropical conditions. Objective: to evaluate differences among F1 Nellore x Aberdeen Angus and F1 Nellore x Red Angus regarding productive performance and carcass traits under tropical conditions. Methods: forty-one heifers...
- Caution as Aberdeen Angus bids reach 10,000gns. Lawrence, Chrissie // Farmers Weekly;10/24/2008, p26
The article reports on the status of trade for Aberdeen Angus bulls in Scotland, as of October 2008. It states that the trade was somewhat subdued, reflecting the caution shown by most to spend money. According to the article, sale leader was undoubtedly going to be the champion, Bunlahy Bilty...
- 'Angus Night on the Mountain' raises $74,000. // High Plains Journal;2/17/2014, Vol. 132 Issue 7, p14D
The article presents information on the fundraising event, Angus Night on the Mountain, organized for Angus Foundation in Kansas in January 2014. The money raised by the event was also used to meet the expenses of the National Junior Angus Show (NJAS). The packages that were offered to Angus...