- Angus YouTube: 2 million views and counting. // High Plains Journal;2/17/2014, Vol. 132 Issue 7, p9D
The article focuses on the benefits of social media tools and mobile technologies for Angus breeding in cattle industry.
- A-A buyers seek sires at Perth. Hunt, Jeremy // Farmers Weekly;2/8/2002, Vol. 136 Issue 6, p31
Focuses on the sale of Aberdeen-Angus bull in Perth, Australia as of February 8, 2002. Increase in the number of bulls purchased; Increase in average prices; Price for Lockerley Kruz, the top-priced Aberdeen-Angus bull owned by Leonard Van Geest.
- Becoming a linebreeder. // Dakota Farmer;Feb2011, pBP2
The article offers information on cattle breeding, in which it mentions that the best way to become a linebreeder is to buy a beautiful set of linebred cattle such as the Angus cattle.
- Texas Angus breeder crushes conventional wisdom with old-fashioned linebreeding. NEWPORT, ALAN // Southern Farmer (1541-2008);Feb2011, Vol. 10 Issue 2, pBP2
The article offers information on the Irish-strain Woodstone Angus cattle, an old-style linebred cattle, which continues to flourish as a top performer in the cattle breeding history and have acquired high grading and carcass awards since 2004, according to Texas breeder Bill Woods.
- The right kind. Mitchell, Clifford // High Plains Journal;2/17/2014, Vol. 132 Issue 7, p3D
The article presents information on Angus-based females. It states that cow-calf operations depend on replacement females to a very great extent. It also mentions the features and importance of Angus female, and states that its easy for this breed to adjust in any kind of environment. Angus...
- Top trade sees Perth bulls off to flying start. Powell, Claire; Garner, James // Farmers Weekly;2/7/2003, Vol. 138 Issue 6, p29
Reports on the sale of Aberdeen Angus and Beef Shorthorn in Great Britain in February 2003. Price of Aberdeen Angus; Reaction of officials of both the Angus and Shorthorn breed to the trade.
- 'Angus Night on the Mountain' raises $74,000. // High Plains Journal;2/17/2014, Vol. 132 Issue 7, p14D
The article presents information on the fundraising event, Angus Night on the Mountain, organized for Angus Foundation in Kansas in January 2014. The money raised by the event was also used to meet the expenses of the National Junior Angus Show (NJAS). The packages that were offered to Angus...
- Thumbs up for organic. Stacey, Neville; Stacey, Margaret // Farmers Weekly;7/21/2006, Vol. 145 Issue 3, p52
The article presents an update on a livestock farm in Powys, Wales. The farm owners had their first organic inspection. The new challenge is to live by the book of rules called "Welsh Organic Scheme UK13." It has becoming essential bedtime reading for the farm owners, who are new entrants, as...
- The influence of Charolais and Angus breeding levels on pre-weaning growth performance traits in crossbred calves. Dadi, H.; Schoeman, S. J.; Jordaan, G. F.; Van der Westhuizen, J. // South African Journal of Animal Science;2002, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p201
Data collected on birth and weaning weight traits of beef cattle calves over the period of 1968 to 1992 with varying levels of Angus and Charolais genes, ranging from 0% to 75%, were analysed to determine possible optimum breeding levels for birth weight (BW), weaning weight (WW) and...