Winston & Strawn Hires Lev Finance Lawyer
- Ex-Congressman From Arkansas Joins Fight to Overhaul D.C. Sewers. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;06/16/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30914, p36
Highlights the decision of Beryl Anthony, a former Representative from Arkansas and a partner in the Washington, D.C. law firm of Winston & Strawn, to volunteer his services to help the District of Columbia to find the money it needs to upgrade its antiquated sewer system. Aim to stop the...
- CalPERS Claims Legal Team "Raided" by Bankruptcy Opponent. Orr, Leanna // AiCIO News;2013, p1
The article reports that The California Public Employees Retirement System (CalPERS) filed a lawsuit against Winston and Strawn LLP has raided the restructuring and insolvency practice group of CalPERS's lawyers. It mentions that the lawyers working on a pension case were recruited away by...
- PEOPLE: Winston & Strawn. // Fund Strategy;10/5/2010, p16
The article announces that litigator Elizabeth Papez was appointed partner at Winston & Strawn LLP.
- Winston & Strawns plan for London finally realised. // Lawyer;6/2/2003, Vol. 17 Issue 22, p5
Reports on the transfer of the London, England managing partner of law firm, Morgan Lewis and Bockius LLP, Thomas Benz, to Winston and Strawn. Reason behind Benz's move; Implication of the move on Morgan's operations.
- Meet the Women Rainmakers! // Law Practice Today;Feb2011, p6
The article profiles lawyer Joan B. Tucker Fife, a Winston & Strawn LLP Partner. Joan is the head of the firm's San Francisco labor and employment group and specializes in wage and hour class action defense work for employers. She offers a career advice including talking to judges like one is...
- Winston to expand after partner exits. Westacott, Gemma // Lawyer;2/13/2006, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p8
The article reports that Chicago, Illinois-based law firm Winston and Strawn plans to strengthen its domestic practice and expand in Asia and Europe after a management reorganization and a number of partner losses. The expansion strategy would be a major responsibility for incoming managing...
- Nixon Peabody Gets Winston & Strawn Partner. Chang, Helen // Bond Buyer;7/8/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31921, p4
Reports on the appointment of lawyer Dominique de la Chapelle as partner in the public finance practice of Nixon Peabody LLP in New York City. Experience of the lawyer in representing banks; Work experience at Winston & Strawn LLP.
- Altheimer's gray area: shorted pay. Hinz, Greg // Crain's Chicago Business;1/12/2004, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p3
The collapse of a law firm Altheimer & Gray based in Chicago, Illinois took a new turn after some former partners said that they were shorted $1.4 million in compensation that the firm put to its own use. The money was supposed to have been turned over to investment partnerships the lawyers had...
- Winston appoints new London head amid wholesale management change. Byrne, Matt // Lawyer (Online Edition);9/19/2012, p9
The article reports on the move of Winston and Strawn LLP which has appointed office heads in seven of its offices worldwide including Michael Madden, Tom Frederick, and John Keville as managing partners.